PDA

View Full Version : A affordable delay

tiefnig
August 26th, 2006, 06:21 AM
So, I'm looking for a good, but affordable delay. I need something that will be good enough to gig with. I'm going to the store tomorrow and they only have the behringer ones, I'll try them out there.
What are your suggestions?
What one would you get/do you have? What are your experiences with it?.

Guitar-Chris
August 26th, 2006, 06:30 AM
What are your suggestions?
What one would you get/do you have? What are your experiences with it?.

Though I'm a fan of Behringer Equieppement: In my opinion the Delay pedal is crap, sorry. I like the Digitech delay or the Boss on. But they are much mor expensive. Perhaps you have a look at the Rocktron Short Timer? It's about 50 Euro, but very good and stable.

Robert
August 26th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Never tried the Behringer pedal. I got a Danelectro PB & J a while ago, and it sounds great and is quiet. I recommend it. It is quite inexpensive too.

tiefnig
August 26th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Chris, I'm from germany too, thanks for the suggestions, what do you think of this? http://www.thomann.de/de/danelectro_dj17.htm

Oh, that's the one robert posted -.- I think I'll go for that one. It looks cool, seems to be good and it's pretty small. Thanks guys!

Guitar-Chris
August 26th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Chris, I'm from germany too, thanks for the suggestions, what do you think of this? http://www.thomann.de/de/danelectro_dj17.htm

I think the Danelectro should be ok. Tried other pedals of Danelectro and they all sounded good.

tiefnig
August 26th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Many people say it's the key to a good lead tone, is that true?

sunvalleylaw
February 17th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Anyone ever try the Arion units, the DDM-1 digital delay, or SAD-3 stereo delay? I know Robert likes his other Arion pedal. I guess I would also consider the Danelectro and the Ibanez DE-7 (if I could find it used)

elavd
February 18th, 2007, 05:00 AM
It depends on how do you define "affordable" the best compact delay with many features that I have tried is Digitech's DIGIDELAY:

I has 7 different modes (I love the analog type of delay) and includes also the option of looping (the loop's length can be up to only 4 sec...)

The best feature that this delay has is that you can tap with your foot the tempo, in order to follow excatly the rythm ;)

Highly RECOMMENDED!!! ;)

I don't really like the delays of Boss, with one exception: the DD-20, but it is a bit expensive...

Justaguyin_nc
February 18th, 2007, 05:11 AM
I really like my Ibanez DE7, which is Echo and Delay.
Sells for $70.00 online New or $20-40 used on Ebay.
Gets great reviews and feels solid.