PDA

View Full Version : Epi LP Deluxe?

Brian Krashpad
August 31st, 2009, 09:11 AM
I can get one of these locally w/a hardshell SKB case, for $250, maybe less.

Was wondering on anyone's experiences with new/used prices, and quality, playability, etc., of the guitar itself.

Thanks in advance!

http://images.craigslist.org/3nf3mf3l75O85P75Ra98t2908660733621d1c.jpg

bigG
August 31st, 2009, 11:45 AM
Krash, I have an '06 Epi LP Standard Plain Top and I love it! Standard pups and all! My 2 cents: jump on it! It really is a VERY nice LP, and w the HSC, it's a steal at that price (or less :D ). :AOK: from me!

Brian Krashpad
August 31st, 2009, 11:57 AM
Shoot, I just checked the secret fund and it has a lot less in it than I thought.

Crap.

Hmm, payday is tomorrow, we'll see.

bigG
August 31st, 2009, 12:08 PM
Shoot, I just checked the secret fund and it has a lot less in it than I thought.

Crap.

Hmm, payday is tomorrow, we'll see.

Don't you hate it when that happens! :rotflmao:

I'm in the same boat, my friend! It's a hummer and a bummer!

Spudman
August 31st, 2009, 01:04 PM
That should be a nice guitar. However, the pickups are very lackluster from what I've heard so you may want to look into replacements for those. Otherwise construction and playability should be great.

Brian Krashpad
August 31st, 2009, 01:16 PM
I have not seen any lackluster reports on the pups as yet. There are like 17 reviews on H-C, none said they were muddy, which is the usual knock on Epi hb's. Lowest rating for "sound" was a single 7, all the rest are 8-10, including several 10's.

May be a moot point depending on tomorrow's paycheck.

Spudman
August 31st, 2009, 02:20 PM
I have not seen any lackluster reports on the pups as yet. There are like 17 reviews on H-C, none said they were muddy, which is the usual knock on Epi hb's. Lowest rating for "sound" was a single 7, all the rest are 8-10, including several 10's.

May be a moot point depending on tomorrow's paycheck.

I was reading about that issue on TGP so since you know how THEY are you can extrapolate what info you need. And speaking of need...you NEED that guitar.

Brian Krashpad
August 31st, 2009, 05:54 PM
I was reading about that issue on TGP so since you know how THEY are you can extrapolate what info you need. And speaking of need...you NEED that guitar.

Haha, OK, TGP, say no more. No doubt those were comparisons to guitars costing ten times as much (literally).

You mean the "I haven't played it but I've got replacement Norlins on order" TGP?

Those guys know top of the line guitars but damn that place is like Alice in Wonderland for me.

I really am broke and really do not "need" that guitar, but dang it IS a deal. We shall see. I sold my only double mini-HB guitar (a cheapie hot pink Daisy Rock Retro-H) about a month ago and this WOULD fill that void. And probably be a LOT more acceptable in church, haha.

Thanks for the clarification Spud (and believe me, I do take H-C reviews with a grain of salt as well).

Spudman
August 31st, 2009, 08:14 PM
Secretly I'm jealous. I wanted one of those ever since I saw Jeff Beck on the cover of Blow By Blow.

Want to go in halfies? You get it for one year then I get it the next and so on?

wingsdad
August 31st, 2009, 09:55 PM
$250's an excellent price if it's in good shape, especially w/ that SKB case. Used Standards go for 3-350 w/a Epi hard case.

FWIW, Harmony Central reviews are irrelevant with a mainstream guitar like that. TGP? Do they even allow posts on working-man-stiff-grade guitars?

Brian Krashpad
September 1st, 2009, 12:02 PM
Well, I scraped together $250. Have an e-mail in to the seller. Now we wait.

Fingers crossed.

Spudman
September 1st, 2009, 01:25 PM
Well, I scraped together $250. Have an e-mail in to the seller. Now we wait.

Fingers crossed.

All the beans and rice you eat next month will be worth it.:AOK:

Brian Krashpad
September 1st, 2009, 01:41 PM
All the beans and rice you eat next month will be worth it.:AOK:

Haha, well, first we have to see if it's even still available. Craigslisters can be notoriously flakey, so no telling how long that'll take.

I swear I had to make a half-dozen calls and send several e-mails a couple weeks ago, just to buy a guitar stand and a couple straps!