PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Asylum

marnold
September 1st, 2009, 10:04 AM
I'm not much of a Batman fan. My main connection to it is the campy 60s/70s TV show. I've never seen one of the movies. I've never read any of the comic books, erm, graphic novels. So let's just say I'm not the target demographic for a Batman game. I really liked the demo, though, and bought the PS3 version on the day of its release. Got it at Toys Backwards-R Us and got a $30 gift card, bringing the cost to basically $29.99.

It's probably the best game I've ever played on my PS3. The stealth works great. It's great fun to sneak around and snag the Joker's henchmen and then listen to the rest of them freak out. It's dark and gritty. With the PS3 version you can play as the Joker on the challenge maps and you get a swank Batcave on Playstation Home. If you've got an XBox 360 or PS3 (or, soon, a gaming PC), pick this one up. You can thank me later.

deeaa
September 1st, 2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah? I'm always on the lookout for good games - 360 box here. I did try the demo on my friend's PS3 real quick, and it seemed like a basic smash-em-up...maybe I should have given it more of a look. Will download the demo.

My fav genre is 3d adventure/action. I think Fallout 3 is best I've played yet...I've clocked so many hours on it it's unreal. Messiah level and nowhere to advance but still I roam the wasteland now and then...all the additions thru too. Same on PC; the original Stalker was awesome, and Bioshock, Penumbras etc. as well. Also COD series is great online.

Also TheOrangeBox was a GREAT game to play thru although I had already played Halflifes on PC.

Now I'm playing Mass Effect which seems pretty nice&large but sort of grinding at times, its clean space environment doesn't quite have the appeal of the Capital Wasteland :-)

I also like _good_ car games, which I have half a dozen of - Grid, Forza among the best, but rarely find the time to break out the driving wheel, sad as it is.

marnold
September 1st, 2009, 12:27 PM
I've got the Orange Box too. Despite the complaints about the port to the PS3, it's still infinitely better than playing it on my seriously underpowered PC. I still haven't finished Episode Two.

deeaa
September 1st, 2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah I know...my PC is way more powerful than the Xbox but I still prefer to play on the big screen. The only thing I miss is the mouse...can't seriously play shooter 3D games with them damned joystics...just won't work when you've accustomed to razor-sharp precision of a gaming specific laser mouse and a proper pad. Accuracy to a pixel :-)

I really liked the Episode 2. Ep.one was kinda not so hot though. I forget which one ends up with this big fight at a sawmill or something with LOTS of walkers, man, I tried and tried it like two dozen times in like 2 weeks before I got thru it. HARD! But ep.2 was very good.