PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning day in House of Plank

Plank_Spanker
September 1st, 2009, 04:24 PM
Time to clean the dried sweat and beer from the guitars and survey the new dings.................................

There actually lives great looking guitars under the grunge when they're cleaned up......:rotflmao:

No new dings to report..........................

Spudman
September 1st, 2009, 06:00 PM
I'll bet you could scrape the black stuff off the bottom of the strings and sell it on Ebay as "Players Secret Formula To Expert Playing" and make a fortune. It might be easier than getting people to buy a thong with "Plank Spanker" on the front.

Rampant
September 2nd, 2009, 01:43 AM
I'll bet you could scrape the black stuff off the bottom of the strings and sell it on Ebay as "Players Secret Formula To Expert Playing" and make a fortune. It might be easier than getting people to buy a thong with "Plank Spanker" on the front.

Why you say "might".
I'd say "would for sure".

:D

deeaa
September 2nd, 2009, 02:48 AM
Heheh, yeah...I have this one handbuilt custom strat which I *want* to get looking like it's very used. But don't want to outright 'age' it either.

It's pretty new, um, had it built in '08, but straight off the start I managed to get two huge chips/dings in it, and I decided it just looks good. Since then I've tried to get it dirtier and more dinged whenever I can - I leave it lying on the floor and drop it down from a little height when I'm done playing, let my kid play his cars on it, in practice I rub it against a mic stand, when adjusting the bridge I don't mind if the screwdriver slips or the grip rubs the paint when turned...rest my coffee mug on it and nevermind if I drop a li'l coffee on it...etc..etc...it's still pretty clean and not a lot of dings. I was thinking the next time I get a bleeding cut (which is almost daily) I have to try and remember to bleed over the guitar some.

I even pondered about putting it to a vent shaft on my friend's bar's smoking booth for a week to get a proper nicotine stain yellow going on, and maybe using duct tape to fasten the strap, then rip it off and apply again a bit to the side...hmm, good idea.

Or maybe I could just give it to my kid for a while to play with outside in the sandbox...yeah, that might work!

Plank_Spanker
September 7th, 2009, 09:08 PM

LMAO!!!!!:rotflmao: