PDA

View Full Version : New axe to toy with!

deeaa
September 3rd, 2009, 10:03 PM
...well just for a while...:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/charvel.jpg

I actually bought this for a friend, just playing it for now. Put new strings on it and adjusted the action, floyd action and intonation for him. I always liked Charvels myself too, I've owned a couple of them along with Jacksons and a Charvette.

This one is a 474 I think...a very very nice guitar indeed. ~15 years old, some minor dings but the neck and frets etc. are as perfect as can be. He wants very light action so I put .009's on it and man, I feel like a guitar hero playing with those on this guitar, hardly needs to be touched when played...feels funny.

My friends has one that looks exactly like this, but I guess is of cheaper series or something, because it has a neck that is a lot thicker, much more U than C and all in all doesn't have quite so fluid an action as this baby, and no active/booster circuits etc. It's a very nice guitar too but this example is better; about as good as a shredded axe can get IMO. Rare to meet a guitar with a floyd that keeps in tune pretty much perfectly and feels solid to play even with niners.

He paid 515 euros for it, and my instant feeling was that it was at least a hundred too much, but now I think otherwise, this one is worth every penny.

Almost sad to let this one pass my hands...:-)

Kazz
September 4th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Nice looking....how does she sound?

deeaa
September 4th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Can't give an in-depth review of the sound really, no time to put it thru any extensive tests, but it seems to sound like any quality superstrat should. At least not tinny or weak like some floydies do :-)