PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone

sumitomo
September 4th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Just got back from a week camping trip(tent)with the family,in Yellowstone and the Tetons.Awesome!! I'll fill you in more.I left Twin falls this morning at 9:30 plugged some Stevie in and rocked down the road 90+ got to Bend at 2:00.I love my k40 radar detector.Sumi:D P.S. Buffalo:rotflmao: :bravo:

sunvalleylaw
September 4th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Hey, you passed just a bit south of me! And Spud was working in the Tietons during that time I believe. We got to Jellystone almost every year. Beautiful place! Glad you had fun.

sumitomo
September 4th, 2009, 08:40 PM
We went all over that park,only place we did not visit was the east gate.We walked and walked and walked some more.We would stop the car get out with the camera and act like we were looking at something,then all these cars would stop get out to look we would wait till about 20 people were there and then leave,what a blast that was.We saw lots of Buffalo,bears,fish,pronghorn,and all the birds,and camp cridders.I really liked the Teton's,more layed back and it was warmer 40 at night 80 during the day,Jenny lake camping was full so we stayed at signal mt awesome sunset and I got pics of that which I will post they are classic.I told my wife one time we will go camping in the Sun Valley area,she said I hope it's not like from Idaho falls to Burns(flat farm or desert)I told her not at all.I've been there when I was younger.Awesome time and really makes me greatfull for the area here I live in.Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
September 4th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Nope, SV is not like the flat lands in that smile formed across southern ID by the Snake River basin. Mountains, trees, views, river, much more like yellowstone, but different, and beautiful in its own right. Let me know if you are coming and I will help you figure out where you want to camp. You may also want to go up and over Galena (about an hour from SV) and camp in the Stanley area near the high alpine lakes. Gorgeous! I live as far south in Idaho as I would want to, just tucked up in the mountains where the trees start in Hailey. I also would not want to be a desert dweller down by Twin or the freeway you were on.

Spudman
September 4th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I was just out by Mount Moran and the Grand today. There was one lone bison grazing in the field above the river. I'll put up the photo when I get back home. I hope you took a bunch that we can see too sumi.

Camping where SVL lives is a treat as well. Plenty of georgous scenery and a lot less people.

sumitomo
September 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I still have trouble posting photos,but I put the best one that I think says it all in my profile pics.It is a sunset over Jackson Lake at signal mt campground,It was not like this the next day,we waited and the sun just well went.Sumi:D

Trailer Park Casanova
September 7th, 2009, 03:24 AM
We would stop the car get out with the camera and act like we were looking at something,then all these cars would stop get out to look we would wait till about 20 people were there and then leave,what a blast that was.
:D :rotflmao:
That's a great idea.
I gotta try that stunt with the kids and You Tube it.

Spudman
September 7th, 2009, 09:11 AM
This is from my recent journey to the park (Grand Teton).

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/food/Sept5007.jpg

birv2
September 7th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Brings back some great memories. We took a family vacation there a few years ago and loved it! We also tried to get off the beaten track. There's so much to see if you just walk a bit and lose all the tourists!

Looks like it would be heaven to live there. Though I imagine the winters are pretty brutal! And I'm saying that as someone who lived in Canada for 20 years.

Trailer Park Casanova
September 7th, 2009, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=Spudman]This is from my recent journey to the park (Grand Teton).

That pic is so awesome it almost looks fake. :dude:

Spudman
September 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=Spudman]This is from my recent journey to the park (Grand Teton).

That pic is so awesome it almost looks fake. :dude:

The field and sagebrush are real. I put out a stuffed bison and some inflatable mountains just to spruce up the photo.:whatever:

sunvalleylaw
September 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Inflatable La Grand Tietons? I thought you were going to keep her in your closet from now on. :nono:

Algonquin
September 7th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Glad to see you're tenting it Sumi, and that you've got a wicked sense of humour!
Looks like you had a great vacation.
Cheers :beer:
David

Spudman
September 7th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Inflatable La Grand Tietons? I thought you were going to keep her in your closet from now on. :nono:

Tietons? I don't get it.:confused:

Trailer Park Casanova
September 8th, 2009, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=Trailer Park Casanova]

The field and sagebrush are real. I put out a stuffed bison and some inflatable mountains just to spruce up the photo.:whatever:

Enlarge it and frame it.
It is suitable.

Spudman
September 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
[quote=Spudman]

Enlarge it and frame it.
It is suitable.

Thanks but I have a lot better photos than that one.