PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Leonidas
August 26th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Hey everyone, first post!

I've been coming on here for a while reading posts, finally decided to join up. You guys are a really great source of information, and just wanted to say thanks, to start off, for all the info I've gotten without you even knowing bout it.

Katastrophe
August 26th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Welcome! This is an awesome forum. Enjoy!

Robert
August 26th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Welcome Leonidas! I see you have similar gear as a few other fretters, including me... good gear!

Enjoy our club!

warren0728
August 26th, 2006, 10:59 PM
welcome....i think you will like it here....

ww

SuperSwede
August 27th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Welcome Leonidas! Another valvetronix player :)

tiefnig
August 27th, 2006, 04:21 AM
Hoi, throw away the valvetronix or give it to me, you can have my behringer.

Leonidas
August 27th, 2006, 07:28 AM
haha, yeah i do have a lot of the same gear. Its funny, I had most of it before discovering thefret, then when i did discover it and saw a lot of people on here had the valvetronix, bad monkey, etc, it solidified that I had made the right choices.

My most recent addition was the Squier Tele Custom, which I plan on making a thread about... It was my first major mod project with guitars.

Anyway, thanks for the friendliness guys.

Tim
August 27th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Welcome Leonidas,

This is a great forum. There are many well seasoned players here. I have learned a lot form this forum and hope to learn a lot more. Recently I've been sitting back and reading all the different posts and practicing my guitar. I have the Squier Tele Custom Deluxe. How do you like yours?

Guitar-Chris
August 27th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Welcome Leonidas!

A Vox ADxxVT and a Bad Monkey seems to be the standard here ;)

Enjoy it here!

Spudman
August 27th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Welcome aboard the GASBOAT Leonidas. Glad to have you.

PS. Hide your credit cards.:D

oldguy
August 27th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Welcome, Leonidas. I have a tele and a bad monkey, now I'm GASing for the Vox. How do you like yours? Have you ever had a chance to play an Epiphone Valve Jr? The head version is only $99.99 delivered....(evil grin begins to appear on face). Don't worry about GAS syndrome. It's not that contagious.(heh,heh,heh):p
Glenn

Leonidas
August 27th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Welcome, Leonidas. I have a tele and a bad monkey, now I'm GASing for the Vox. How do you like yours? Have you ever had a chance to play an Epiphone Valve Jr? The head version is only $99.99 delivered....(evil grin begins to appear on face). Don't worry about GAS syndrome. It's not that contagious.(heh,heh,heh):p
Glenn

I LOVE my Vox. So far every kind of sound I tried to get out of it.. It nailed. It does take a while to get used to the controls, since its a modeling amp. But once I got really comfortable with how it works, Man its just so easy to get nice tube-like tones with. The Epiphone Valve Jr... no I've never tried it, but from what I hear it is one hell of an amp for its asking price. I actually looked into getting the epi when I purchased my Vox, but the Vox lets you play at such low volume levels and still get that nice crunch, so that was the difference maker for me. The epi valve Jr might be next on my wish list. :) Guess i'm gettin the GAS bug already, eh? haha

SuperSwede
August 28th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Oh yes, the GAS bug.. nasty little creature! It will bite, and its infectious bite will cause you to lose your resistant to the evil creature (el credito) that lives in most wallets.
Here is a mug shot of what is believed to be the gasius gearus, or the GAS bug.

http://kalynuik-s.tripod.com/images-dwm/images/tail-eater.gif

tremoloman
August 28th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Welcome aboard Leonidas! I'm glad you finally signed up and joined the party! I learn something new here almost on a daily basis and just love hanging out here.

Robert
August 28th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Leonidas, try taking the back off the Vox - it sounds better without it and it gets lighter.

Leonidas
August 28th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Take the back off? Hmm. Now theres something I never considered... Definitely would make it lighter. How does it make it better? I'd image it'd be less bassy? Or am I wrong?

Guess I'll have to try and find out for myself..... :)

duhvoodooman
August 28th, 2006, 11:17 AM
An LP copy with a '59 and a PG? A Valvetronix amp? A Bad Monkey?

MY MAN!!!!

Welcome to TheFret, Leonidas!!

t_ross33
August 28th, 2006, 11:21 AM

MY MAN!!!!

Hmm... I wonder why I never see the two of you together at the same time. Kinda like Clark Kent and Superman ;)

Leonidas
August 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM

MY MAN!!!!

Hahaha.. Thanks Voodoo
Yep looks like we got some similiarities in taste. We just have the pup positions switched on the LP. How do you like the PG and '59 together? I think they are both fantastic, and complement each other really well.

PS: If we are clark and superman, I'm superman right?? :D