PDA

View Full Version : Oh crap! More GAS!

t_ross33
August 26th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Attended a jam session at a local watering hole this afternoon and played my guitar through one of these:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/Tri-recto-black-Lg.jpg

OMFG! :eek: What a rush! Such smooth, butter-crunchy distortion. It was heavenly to say the least, and that was just through a little 2x12 cab. At times I couldn't even recognize that it was me playing!!

*sigh*

I think I'll head back to catch their set tonight, maybe get another shot at 'er :cool:

SuperSwede
August 27th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Oh yes, the venerable triple rectifier... It has tons of harmonic rich distorsion, I know a couple of metal dudes that swears that this is the holy grail of amps. To my ears, it sounds better than the 5150 for that kind of music!

So T_ross, ready to release el credito yet? :D

t_ross33
August 27th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I think that's what surprised me the most. I've always associated a triple rectifier with paint-peeling metal distortion, but we were jamming alot of old classic rock stuff and you could definately dial in a sweet spot with just enough distortion to give it some "butter-crunch" (not sure how else to describe it) without going over-the-top.

I was amazed at the tone I was getting from an almost clean setting. Freakin' Awesome! Gonna be busy today trying to dial in a patch or two on the ol' RP-80 to see if I can come close :p

So I'm adding this to my wish-list, but I'd be divorced in a heartbeat if I brought home any more gear at this point in time :D I've been doing good so far, as our gigs have brought in enough to cover my gas-quisitions. A Messa Triple would definately tip the scale. But still...