PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Hollywood USA

Trailer Park Casanova
September 7th, 2009, 02:20 AM
This is a terrific forum.
What brought us here:

About 12 years ago I bought an older son the Fender Solid body / Amp / VCR lessons tape in the Spire shaped box.

You know ya see stax of them as ya walk into music store around Christmas.
I think I paid $99 for it new, a hell of a deal IMHO.

I think the only way for a kid to be hooked up with a musical instrument is to be in love with the instrument.

Well,, he fell outta love with it real quick and I put it all back in the box, and the box put away in my storage shed in the back yard. He has since moved on in life.

3 years ago I married beautiful, compassionate girl half my age with younger kids.
When she moved in, that same shed became filled,,, no exaggeration, she filled a 10' x 12 ' shed with boxes and boxes of sheet music.
She's a hell of a stripe-er piano player and singer, but that's another thread.

One of her young boys discovered the Fender in the box, busted it out, and asked if he could give it a try.

Now 3 years later, the kid is a phenom. His heart is in playing the guitar like I've never seen any dedication about anything from anyone.

We since bought him a Les Paul for Christmas (and the wife a baby grand Yamaha), and I just picked up the new, (we're told), Blackstar HT 5 s. An amp that is a lot of clear sounding bang for the buck IMHO. But that's another thread too.

So now the crackerbox palace we're all stuffed into is the house of music, and here I am in this outstanding, awesome forum.

Hope we can contribute some original, positive thought, and learn more about this fascinating instrument and the people that share our interests.

evenkeel
September 7th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Welcome to the gang. Wonderful intro and story. :beer: :beer:

Katastrophe
September 7th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Welcome! Sounds like you have a lot of threads to share. Post often!

Do you play?

If so, when did you start? If not, it's never too late to learn!

Robert
September 7th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Welcome, I love your nickname!

birv2
September 7th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Welcome, and thanks for sharing the story. The magic of music!

Algonquin
September 7th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Welcome to the Fret TPC!
Killer forum name :AOK:
Cheers :beer:

Spudman
September 7th, 2009, 09:09 AM
A musical house is a good thing...unless you are trying to sleep.:D

Welcome.

duhvoodooman
September 7th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Welcome to The Fret, TPC! Glad to have you w/ us here. :AOK: :dude: :beer: :rockon:

bigG
September 7th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Welcome aboard, TPC! Glad you joined us! :beer:

Trailer Park Casanova
September 8th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the cool welcome. http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/17633thumbsUp.gif

Rampant
September 11th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Hello Mister Casanova

A warm welcome to the fret from Hollywood.

('tis my name :) )

Brian Krashpad
September 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Welcome TPC.

I've got a daughter who's a bassist and a son who says he wants to be a guitarist. We'll see, haha.