PDA

View Full Version : New Gas!!!! Deluxe Series Blackout Telecaster

MAXIFUNK
September 7th, 2009, 02:09 PM
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0135032306

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Blackout-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=515524

I have some Serious gas for this axe.
I have bought 3 guitars since last December so it will have to wait or I'll have to have to do a Jedi mind trick on the wife.

Anyway I was wonder if anyone here has played or owned this guitar and could you please give your much valued input.

Best Regards,

Maxi......................:rockon:

MIDIMan56
September 14th, 2009, 03:41 AM
I own it! In fact the Blackout was my very first Telecaster. Since then I've added a '72 thinline hollowbody as well.

It is a great guitar, Maxi. Incredibly versatile, resonant and a neck and fingerboard I can only describe a "effortless". It has a range of sounds that cover all of the regular tele tones and way, way beyond. It quacks and twangs but can also produce some really mellow smooth sounds as well. In fact, from a versatility standpoint, its kicks both of my Strat's rear ends. It's a real looker too with the black on black and chrome hardware. Really, it's one of my favorite guitars!

The fret finishing on the one I got was just a tiny bit rough on a few of the ends, but it was an easy fix and the only real complaint I had. They are kind of rare, at least out this way, and I always like to give a guitar a spin before bringing her home, but this is one axe that I would recommend highly and am very confident you'll love it!

Hope this helps (you're on your own with the Mrs!) :D
Here's kind of a crummy pic of mine:

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/midiman56/SANY0016.jpg

Jim

markb
September 14th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Someone on the Fender production line can't count ;)

MIDIMan56
September 14th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Someone on the Fender production line can't count ;)

Are you referring to the third pickup, Mark? It's nothing new ... James Burton has has one for eons ...

Jim

markb
September 14th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I know :D ! I'm just a bit of a purist when it comes to teles.
Funnily enough, years back Burton used to say he played a tele rather than a strat because the middle pickup got in the way of his right hand. Hmmm.

MIDIMan56
September 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I can identify, Mark. With me, its the sight of either a Tele or a Strat without a pickguard! For some reason, that just makes me uneasy! :D

Heck, I can barely deal with a rosewood fretboard on a Fender ... but for some reason the third pup doesn't bother me! LOL

Jim

MAXIFUNK
September 16th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I own it! In fact the Blackout was my very first Telecaster. Since then I've added a '72 thinline hollowbody as well.

It is a great guitar, Maxi. Incredibly versatile, resonant and a neck and fingerboard I can only describe a "effortless". It has a range of sounds that cover all of the regular tele tones and way, way beyond. It quacks and twangs but can also produce some really mellow smooth sounds as well. In fact, from a versatility standpoint, its kicks both of my Strat's rear ends. It's a real looker too with the black on black and chrome hardware. Really, it's one of my favorite guitars!

The fret finishing on the one I got was just a tiny bit rough on a few of the ends, but it was an easy fix and the only real complaint I had. They are kind of rare, at least out this way, and I always like to give a guitar a spin before bringing her home, but this is one axe that I would recommend highly and am very confident you'll love it!

Hope this helps (you're on your own with the Mrs!) :D
Here's kind of a crummy pic of mine:

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/midiman56/SANY0016.jpg

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the input I own a Custom Telecaster FMT HH MIK which is a nice guitar but it does not really have that tele sound with the double hum bucklers coil tap or not.

So, I want that real Tele sound and I like guitars which are a little less common and the Baja tele is out of my price range right now (come on lotto). So, with it being currently on sale for $599.99 its really making me go hmmmm I can find away to slip this pass the wife. LOL

The pic of yours just made the gas stronger. LOL

Maxi.............:AOK:

Miami-Ace
June 30th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Hey, man:

I have had the Deluxe Blackout Telecaster for about two years now. Love it!!
I'm just moving into intermediate range as a player, but I can get some great sounds out of this baby. The three-pickup arrangement puts you somewhere between a twangy, old-style Tele and a singing Strat. I have a FSR ash Strat, but frankly I like the Blackout better. It is very versatile. You can do just about anything with it.

I run the Blackout with a Pandora processor and then through a Marshall MG 15-watt combo. I can get everything from quite realistic sounding acoustic simulation (OK, it's more like acoustic-electric sounding) to great jazzy clean, through somewhat smoky blues and (if you like it) roaring distortion.

It's a great guitar. Very solid. My only out-of-the-box issue was a little third-fret buzz on the G string. I raised the saddle a tad, used a fine whetstone to shave the fret a teensy bit ... and it's all been good since then.

It's a lot of fun to play.

Have fun and get one.

Regards, Miami-Ace:happy

Katastrophe
June 30th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Played one of these on my last trip to GC. It's a great Tele! It can twang, quack, and roar.

It's a versatile guitar, and plays great. If I wasn't GASsing for a double bucker Tele right now, I'd give that one serious consideration.

BTW, when you get that Jedi mind trick figured out, let me know, will ya?

@ Midiman56 - That '72 Thinline in the background looks beautiful!

MAXIFUNK
June 30th, 2010, 10:41 PM
BTW, when you get that Jedi mind trick figured out, let me know, will ya?

ITS a work in progress. LOL