PDA

View Full Version : Metal Method Stage 3 Solo

marnold
September 8th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Since my son and I went in on Metal Method, I decided I'd learn the solos that are a part of Stages 3, 4, and 5. Step one in that process is completed. Since I haven't uploaded anything in awhile (much less learned anything worth recording), I thought I'd record this one. It's nothing frightfully hard or wankeristic. I don't even touch my whammy bar! But, nonetheless, here it 'tis:

Metal Method Stage 3 solo a la Rev. Rawk (http://www.box.net/shared/zxb9pmeonz)

The signal chain looks like this:
Jackson DK2M (bridge JB)->Vox AD30VT (customized NuMetal amph settings)->SB Audigy->Audacity

The backing track came with Metal Method.

hubberjub
September 8th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I think your MP3 converter has expired. At least that's what mine sounded like after the trial period ran out.

marnold
September 9th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I think your MP3 converter has expired. At least that's what mine sounded like after the trial period ran out.
Well, there's no trial period for LAME, which is what I've got Audacity using for MP3 output. What are you hearing that makes you say that?

hubberjub
September 9th, 2009, 08:33 AM
It's just crackling and full of glitches (that's not an attack on your playing). I've tried to play it a couple of times and it's been the same. I then went over to my box.net site and my clips played fine. I didn't know you were using LAME. The free MP3 converters that I use mess with the bit rate after the trial period runs out. I just assumed it was that.

oldguy
September 9th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Played fine for me, no noise, crackling, etc.
Nice job, Matt, sounded good! :AOK:

Algonquin
September 9th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Played fine for me, no noise, crackling, etc.
Nice job, Matt, sounded good! :AOK:
No issues here either Rev... Good job! :AOK:

marnold
September 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
It's just crackling and full of glitches (that's not an attack on your playing). I've tried to play it a couple of times and it's been the same.
Hmm. I wonder why that might be. Did it play OK via Box.net's own player?

The backing track is relatively soft, so I'm a bit too loud. Naturally, I only exported as an MP3 and didn't save the session so I can't fix it. Also, the tone from the line-out sounds only vaguely like what I hear from my Ragin' Cajun-equipped AD30VT. It's close enough to get the point :)

SuperSwede
September 9th, 2009, 12:06 PM
The line out sound of the Valvetronix amphs doesnt sound very good (not on the VT either). I liked your clip though and no cracks and pops through the SuperSwede headphones !

Anything you will play in church? :D

hubberjub
September 9th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Maybe it was just fuzzy for me. I'll give it another listen when I get home. I did just try it on the box.net mp3 player.