PDA

View Full Version : Back in Black - AC/DC

Robert
August 27th, 2006, 11:08 AM
After many requests, I made this video lesson -

Back in Black AC/DC Lesson (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons/lesson-31.php)

Let me know what you think.

duhvoodooman
August 27th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Very timely. I've just recently been learning this song for the first time. I've never been a real big AC/DC fan, but this is my favorite tune of theirs. I'm gratified to find that I've been playing it virtually exactly as you show, albeit not as well!

BTW, were you wearing your schoolboy uniform shorts while you were recording the video? :eek: :D

Robert
August 27th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Oh yes, I had the complete outfit on, including my school bag! I had to refrain from jumping around as Angus Young though, or else it would have been hard stay in camera view!

SuperSwede
August 28th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Robert, nice video!
Perhaps you should include the associated "moves" with every song? The Angus Young jumps, Pete Townsend windmill imitation, Jimi playing with his teeth and so on? :D

Tone2TheBone
August 28th, 2006, 08:32 AM
High Voltage Rock man! Yeahhh! :DR

Justaguyin_nc
August 28th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I want to see Robert in the beanie hat... other than missing that I thought the video was very informative..thanks Robert!

Tone2TheBone
August 28th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Roberto - I saw the youtube version and someone posted a "weird" comment on how it was played. What is that guy talking about? I didn't understand it. If he meant the ascending chromatic riff thats how I've always played it too.

Guitar-Chris
August 28th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Perhaps you should include the associated "moves" with every song? The Angus Young jumps, Pete Townsend windmill imitation, Jimi playing with his teeth and so on? :D

Hey, SuperSwede, don't forget the "Guitar-Chris-plays-behind-his-neck" lick.

See picture of our last gig :DR

Robert
August 28th, 2006, 10:16 AM
You ROCK, Chris! You look like a born rock star.

Guitar-Chris
August 28th, 2006, 10:20 AM
You ROCK, Chris! You look like a born rock star.

But born 40 years to late :o

SuperSwede
August 28th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Fantastic!

Chris, Robert is right, that is a STAR quality move :)
So, have a recording from that gig?

Guitar-Chris
August 28th, 2006, 02:24 PM
So, have a recording from that gig?

Unfortunately, no we have not. We did not so many gigs until now (it was our second one with this band). So we thought of many things, but not recording.

Only a few pictures like this one. Ok, i have to learn the lyrics, so i don't have to use this note stand anymore...

Picture was taken from the first line of guest, so you can't see them. But they were there, I swear ;)

SuperSwede
August 29th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Picture was taken from the first line of guest, so you can't see them. But they were there, I swear ;)

Haha.... Ok, I´ll believe you...
What songs do you guys play?

Guitar-Chris
August 29th, 2006, 08:39 AM
What songs do you guys play?

So we play cover versions mostly of songs from the 70's, but also some newer. We have a set in the moment of 2 hours, but it is increasing.
Some songs of our setlist:

Twilight Zone - Golden Earring
Throw Down the Sword - Wishbone Ash
One - U2
Evening Over Rooftops - Edgar Broughton Band
When a Blind Man Cries - Deep Purple
You and I - Scorpions (but we do a more acoustic version)
Have You Ever Seen The Rain - CCR
Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
Basket Case - Green Day
Arms of Mary - Sotherland Brothers Quiver
Wish You Where Here - Pink Floyd

and of course we play the classics....

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Guns 'n' Roses Version
Who'll Stop The Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR)
Hymn - Barcley James Harvest
It Never Rains In Southern California - Albert Hammond
and so on.

carp3nt3r
October 4th, 2006, 09:54 PM
folks, ANYTHING you put on youtube will draw flames from some loser or other. people have to be critical of others, usually due to some unhappiness in their lives, so dont take bad youtube reviews to be factual. if you enjoyed playing it, its good enough for others to hear if you want to share and dont worry about those who have to be negative. carp3nt3r.

ibanez_freak36
November 6th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Well to say the least I am probably one of the biggest AC/DC fans alive today. I am also an aspiring guitarist and Angus is my idol. His way of raw unadulterated rock and blood and guts roll are the staple of the bands we see today and the axemen behind them. I mean if you look at it followers of his: Dime ( god rest his soul) and Jerry Cantrell just to give 2 names of who love his work and I am sure their are countless more out there, I mean I worship Angus's work and for years this little signature move on B+B has held me from asking my band to do it. Now I may give it a whirl with them and see. thakns for the video hookup and happy rocking to all, and remember if it don't hurt the fingers to play it youre doin it wrong anyway...........................the freak

tot_Ou_tard
November 7th, 2006, 07:42 AM
ans of course we play the classics....

It Never Rains In Southern California - Albert Hammond
and so on.
This song is considered a classic in Germany? That's fantastic.

I was on a cable car in SF 20 years or so ago and it was lightly sprinkling and a couple of German tourists broke out in big toofy grins and started singing

"It never rains in California..."

with thick German accents. It cracked me up!

R_of_G
May 14th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Firstly, Robert, thanks for the AC/DC lesson. a lot of my playing involves throwing in riffs from this that or the other and seeing how i can piece them all together [kinda like a live mixtape, which btw, anyone into great funk playing, find yourself The Live Mix and The Live Mix 2 by The Breakestra, Miles Tackett will blow you away]. This one will def add some flavor to my ever growing Moby Dick jam.

Chris, I like the setlist. I think I'd enjoy your band. Now come play Florida and the other states. :cool: The behind-the-back lick impresses the hell out of me as I have a hard enough time playing and standing at the same time. thank god for marc ribot to carry the standard for seated play! not to mention playing for other people. more power to you! keep germany rockin'