PDA

View Full Version : My Wife rides and Plays a Yamaha.

Trailer Park Casanova
September 10th, 2009, 10:50 AM
After my last marriage exploded I swore I'd never marry again.

But,,,,
- sitting in the truck as I was waiting for Best Buy to open, I was checking out a nice slender girl in tight pink Levis, half my age who was waiting our front 'til they unlocked the door too.

Thought to myself, "Those were the days".

Went in when they opened, was getting an MP3 player for one of the kids,,,,
and she walked up and struck up a conversation with me,,, a year later we married.

I didn't know she could sing and play the piano. I mean really play stripe keys and all, and a voice and style like Diana Krall.

We were on a cruise, the piano player was sick, the 3 layer lounge full, so they called out open keyboard and mic.
Wife stepped up,, sat down strengthened by 3 Shots of Patron,, and I realized some things you don't know about your wife can be good.

So she moves into Crestfallen Manor and Christmas approaches.
"I'd like a Yamaha or Kawai Piano" she told me,, so off I went.

She is selfless, never wants anything for herself, all giving, compassionate and kindness I've never encountered.
So I jumped on getting her something she loves.

It was an eye opener shopping pianos.
Most the piano stores were sold out, or hesitant to sell me one anyway. Damfino why, that's the impression I got.
Must be a good business to be in.

So the few stores that did have the Yamaha model she wanted were stuck at $7K. Kawai's are fantastic, but unaffordable IMHO. Astrof#ckinomically high priced.
This is checking all over Cali, Az and Nevada.

So I call the last Yamaha piano dealer on my list,, seeing if I could get a break,, or hell,, if he even had one in stock.

The guy was Chinese with a very thick accent, but I made out enough that he'll give me a hell of a deal.
It kinda sounded like he'll either murder the competitions price, or murder me if I don't get down there and buy one.

I went in the next morning, sat down,, he said "how about $3500 delivered?"
Done deal.

I continued on, spent the night in Parker Az.

My Pea Sized brain started getting thoughts of how in the hell am I getting a price break like that?
Is the piano a left over from the Yamaha school competitions in Yonkers,, is it grey market,,, a return,,,, oh well.

Made it back home the next morning.
As I walked up to the house I could hear the piano playing.

Wife was feeding the dog with "Devil and the deep blue sea" a great sippin' and grinnin' tune,, and slap happy. It was a new piano outta the box.

Yamaha has an almost Steinway sound with a tiny amount stainless steel thrown into the notes.

Wife takes competition Hill, Death Valley Calif on her other Yamaha:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/11796Dumont_Jan__06_071-med.jpg

Kazz
September 10th, 2009, 01:08 PM
It didnt happen if you aint got pictures bro.....Just ask Mudcat :-)

sumitomo
September 10th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Yea and how did you get the big ole piano in your trailer?Sumi:D

Kazz
September 10th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Maybe its an upright :-)