PDA

View Full Version : I could do a reality show on the kids that stop by to play the guitar.

Trailer Park Casanova
September 11th, 2009, 08:37 AM
A ring of the doorbell,, we answer and it's little 12 year old Ashley, close friend to my kids.
"My dad said I can stay for dinner and even spend the nite" she tells the wife.

This blindsided us, we had no clue,, but of course Ashley is welcome to stay.

She's about 4'6" sweet as sugar and lives with her dad. Her brother is an adult and off on his own, but is very involved with her life.
The rumor is her "brother" is her dad, her dad really her granddad.
But that doesn't matter anymore does it? If it ever really did.

Ashley is always perfectly dressed and just sparkles.
No close adult female in her life beyond the contact she has with my wife hanging around here we're told.
You'd never know it, she is a terrific kid.

Ashley lives in a good sized Japanese neighborhood a block away.
The Japanese neighbors all deer hunt, and Ashley being a Vegan, she'll preach to everyone like a drunk that just discovered AA. Ya don't meet to many Japanese vegetarians,, Ashly is the only one I ever knew.

But we can forgive that. Our cat certainly doesn't listen, he's right there want to help when the deer are being dressed,, comes home fed and lazy and happy.

Asleys HUGE big hearted laugh lights up the neighborhood.
Her guitar playing lights up the world.
Incredible skills for a tiny 12 year old.

The kids hang out together and play all night long.
Wife has an old Martin, and little Ashley plays it like Mother Maybel Carter.

I took the kids to dinner recently and their was a one man band entertaining.
Man o man could this guy sing.
Off -the-hook good sounding.
The kids kept looking closer at him, and even walked up to his playing stand and the singer kept turning away, giving me dirty looks & hiding behind his sheet music and equipment.

Finally Ashley yells out "He's not really playing the guitar".
Oh brother.

street music
September 12th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Sounds like a smart young kid, I wish her a life changing experience from the veggies. Meat is Great!

peachhead
September 12th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Hey, you can't hide stuff from kids. Good for her! she sounds like a great kid- kudos to you and your family for taking her in like you do.