PDA

View Full Version : fulltone fat boost one

kelsmca
September 12th, 2009, 04:42 PM
today was a good day to go down to my local music store.i browse every now and then but today to find a fat boost 1 was great i used to own the second version it was a good pedal but not the punch i was looking for.f boost 1 though it is exactly what i was looking for simple set up.i have noticed alot of things fulltone redesigns are not as good as the first runs. i always figure if it aint broke dont fix it later

ZMAN
September 13th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I have several Fulltone pedals on my board and I have owned the fat boost for a couple of years. I don't know what version it is but I like it when I need a little fuller tone, and a little punch. I have heard guys mention that on a certain fulltone pedal they like one version over another. They seem to be very adamant about it so I have to take their word for it . I have not had that experience.

kelsmca
September 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I have several Fulltone pedals on my board and I have owned the fat boost for a couple of years. I don't know what version it is but I like it when I need a little fuller tone, and a little punch. I have heard guys mention that on a certain fulltone pedal they like one version over another. They seem to be very adamant about it so I have to take their word for it . I have not had that experience.
yep i do agree i once owned an ocd killer pedal my boost only has volume drive and one control for tone it is also grey the second version i did own its red and did not seem to have as much punch my other guitar player loves it though. the third one is supposed to put the two together oh yeah version 2 and 3 both have bass and treble controls instead of one tone control version three is now also grey.next fulltoneproduct i would love to own is the supa trem tremolo later

P.J.
October 19th, 2009, 03:22 AM
today was a good day to go down to my local music store.i browse every now and then but today to find a fat boost 1 was great i used to own the second version it was a good pedal but not the punch i was looking for.f boost 1 though it is exactly what i was looking for simple set up.i have noticed alot of things fulltone redesigns are not as good as the first runs. i always figure if it aint broke dont fix it later

I think that is part of Fuller's marketing genius, keep "improving" your product so people will want to buy the "newest and the best" version. I don't want to do that w/ my computer. I am positive I don't want to do that w/ my pedals!

=-) PJ

guitardan777
November 19th, 2009, 11:08 AM
i have noticed alot of things fulltone redesigns are not as good as the first runs. i always figure if it aint broke dont fix it later

I've chatted w/ Mike before and was suprised that he runs a fairly small operation / buisness. Most of these guys listen to customer feedback and make changes based on what people want, or add new features that give the user more variety. I'm sure there is a fair amount of marketing in there too.
At least he continues to put good product out there and doesn't sell out.

I just picked up a Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, that has the new features as well as switchable modes that give you the original options which was my deciding factor....
Not sure if it sounds exactly like to old ones, but I'm pretty happy with it.