PDA

View Full Version : it ends... it Begins.

Childbride
September 12th, 2009, 08:17 PM
the 110 degree days of he** are over.

one of the worst droughts in my decades on this earth in this state ended for us yesterday.

i came home from work so drenched yesterday that my suit and shoes are still hanging in byproxy's bathroom.

it has rained all day today, and the power went out for an hour and a half. it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow, as well.

statewide, the ground soaks in the blessed rain.

it is currently cooler outside than in.

another season Begins.

we were just out on the front porch, listening to the wonderful, delightful downpour of blessed water.

Muddy, may the Powers heal your family as they kiss our earth tonight.

k

mrmudcat
September 12th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Now you have gone and done it my dear friend............making a grown man cry:cry:

Thank you dear and tell your better/worst half to have an extra drink for me;)

street music
September 12th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Hey CB , glad you finally got some rain, I saw where part of Texas had some serious flooding and was in hope you were not near that part. We started the morning in the mid 50s and it was only 78 by the evening.

luvmyshiner
September 12th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Thank you dear and tell your better/worst half to have an extra drink for me;)

Just one???? You know better than that brother. I had three extra drinks for you.:beer:

piebaldpython
September 12th, 2009, 10:40 PM
CB.........glad you finally got your rain. :D

Conversely, this has been the wettest summer of my life in Philly. Actually, the past week was dry for about a week or so until yesterday.....when we got drenched with another major storm combined with lightning, flooding and dangerous straight-line winds.

Plus, we haven't had a "normal, gentle" rain in ages. Whenever it rains, it's always part of some type of Storm. Geez.

Tig
September 12th, 2009, 10:45 PM
About time, eh?

We'za only about 10 inches below average in Houston, but the rain is still welcome. I built a few big flower and fruit tree beds in our backyard, and they've survived pretty well, considering.

bigG
September 13th, 2009, 06:08 AM
CB.........glad you finally got your rain. :D

Conversely, this has been the wettest summer of my life in Philly. Actually, the past week was dry for about a week or so until yesterday.....when we got drenched with another major storm combined with lightning, flooding and dangerous straight-line winds.

Plus, we haven't had a "normal, gentle" rain in ages. Whenever it rains, it's always part of some type of Storm. Geez.

+1 on your rain, CB!

I think we're doing pretty good on rain this year, both thunder-boomer type and slow drizzle. In fact, no sooner had I read CB's post last night when a slow drizzle started here, and continues this morning! That's the best kinda rain, and helps keep these FL temps down! It should start cooling off here some by month's end...I can't wait! :D

Katastrophe
September 13th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Sho' is nice to get the rain. We needed it.

kiteman
September 13th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Yea, it was nice here too but now I gotta fix the mower. The grass are soaking it up and grow and grow... :thwap:

Kazz
September 13th, 2009, 07:01 AM
CB....you always have a way of putting a smile on my face....Your posts are always so reflective....I absolutely love that about you.

Trailer Park Casanova
September 13th, 2009, 07:31 AM
We're standing by hoping for some rain.
Just got another reduce use notice from the water Co.

Farmers almanac says we're in for a wet winter.

Childbride
September 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM
:)

[Muddy... :)

Kazz, thanks.]

talked to family, and the rain varies from reports of around 4" around here to 11" at canyon lake and 14" [?] around belton... i know that I-35 was shut down at salado on fri b/c the waters came up over the highway.

you could just see the ground open up. the grass is all trying to recover.

and it gets so blooming hot during august that september i actually feel smarter, if that makes any sense. like i get addled when it's too hot.

rained until 11ish this morning here, and looks like more on the way.

bring it on, man, bring it. :D

kiteman
September 13th, 2009, 03:41 PM
The hot weather does make us feel dumb. We're busy fighting the heat that we can't think.

Probably makes us hot under the collar too. :whatever:

FusedGrooves
September 13th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I hear ya mate and I'm Southern Hemisphere! Australia has been experiencing the worst drought on record and for a very long time now. 45-50 degree's (120-125 in your money) in summer is commonplace across the country.....

We've just entered Spring and it's already looking like along hot summer!

What really sucks is trying to play guitar out in the shed when at 8am you're too sweaty to even hold the guitar neck properly! Might need to look at AC for the shed me thinks!