PDA

View Full Version : New collab

deeaa
September 12th, 2009, 11:40 PM
This isn't my guitar playing - I just quickly sang over some guy's track yesterday, he even wrote the lyrics - but I thought it might be interesting. The guitars are done with the AxeFX system...quite nice sounds IMO:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/fusion/would_you_look_demo.mp3

Cheers,

Dee

bigG
September 13th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Very good, dee! :bravo:

Immediately reminded me of the Soundgarden/Chris Cornell vibe (whatever became of Kim Thayall?). Especially the Black Hole Sun period... and Alice in Chains. Two of the best, so that's high praise from me!

Great vocals, man! You got a fine set of pipes!

G

deeaa
September 13th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Thanks bigG!

That's what the composer asked for - kinda Cornell type vibe. I'm not 100% happy myself, been having a sore throat and coughing phlegm for almost 2 weeks now, and I feel I'm sort of drifting on initial notes too much, or you know, singing too many kinda-quirky notes here and there...sound is fine but such a break from singing and an unfamiliar/new song and it seems its impossible to get it naturally on the note and so on...sounds a bit forced and note-searching in spots...sounds like David Bowie when that happens...but what the hell :-) nobody's perfect.

But the guitar sure sounds great for D/I...I wish they'd start selling them AxeFX units hereabouts too so I could test one...might finally be a winner over the Tech-21 stuff I've used for years.

baldgit
September 13th, 2009, 07:34 AM
I like it.......... really enjoyed listening.....thx Dan

sunvalleylaw
September 13th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I liked this very much! I am a Cornell/Staley/Cobain/Vedder fan, and I agree it gives a bit of the Cornell vibe with a dose of Staley and a bit of Bowie in places. But all very well done and I enjoy the piece very much!

EDIT: I reread your post and see you noted the Bowie sound, but I actually liked it. It distinguishes it from being too much in the Cornell etc. camp.