PDA

View Full Version : Boss ME-70 power Adapter Question

GREENMACHINE
September 13th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Hey guys,
I bought a Boss ME-70 recently but I didn't buy the power adapter. I have purchased a different power adapter, but I need to know if the Boss ME-70 is center positive or center negative so I don't blow the pedal up when I plug it in.

Can anyone here help me with this?

Many thanks,
Cav:D

markb
September 13th, 2009, 10:48 PM
All Boss pedals are centre negative, Cav. Rock Shop used to do a 1/2 amp 9v adapter for about $20 which was perfect and a bit more robust than your Warehouse numbers. I don't know if they still do.

OT, I bought one of those Hellbabe Wahs at last yesterday. Not bad.

GREENMACHINE
September 13th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Hey Mark,
Ok, thanks man. That helps me alot. I will go check out the rockshop and see if they still got any.

Yeah, the hellbabe's arn't too bad ay. They're more of a vodoo type wah than a crybaby one.

Many thanks,
Cav

deeaa
September 13th, 2009, 11:52 PM
All Boss pedals are centre negative, Cav. Rock Shop used to do a 1/2 amp 9v adapter for about $20 which was perfect and a bit more robust than your Warehouse numbers. I don't know if they still do.

OT, I bought one of those Hellbabe Wahs at last yesterday. Not bad.

I had one too, but sold it off for 10 bucks. Soundwise it was rather OK! I managed to break the sensitivity adjustment the 1st time I adjusted it though, be careful with that...also I didn't like how small the range of movement on the pedal is.

But it has a nice sound, especially for the price.
I now have an Ibanez ScreamingDemon which rectifies Hellbaby's shortcomings, but soundwise it's no better.

Been thinking I really should get a CryBaby classic some day...as good as many others are (I used a Morley for years too), only a Crybaby sounds like a Crybaby.

It's just that I really want a wah that starts automatically...oh well, gotta think about it.

GREENMACHINE
September 14th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Oh by the way, I bought this Boss ME-70 when I was in the USA (I live in New Zealand) and the USA power supply is something like 110 volts and New Zealands power is something like 220 - 240 volts. Can the Boss ME-70 take 240 volts as the input power? If that makes any sense. I can't see anywhere on the pedal or in the manual where it says the power input.

Many thanks,
Cav

markb
September 14th, 2009, 12:15 AM
The ME-70 is a 9v DC device. The wall voltage supplied to the external PSU is irrelevant.

deeaa
September 14th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Oh by the way, I bought this Boss ME-70 when I was in the USA (I live in New Zealand) and the USA power supply is something like 110 volts and New Zealands power is something like 220 - 240 volts. Can the Boss ME-70 take 240 volts as the input power? If that makes any sense. I can't see anywhere on the pedal or in the manual where it says the power input.

Many thanks,
Cav

I don't see how that would matter, it's the wallwart only that has to be 220 for you...the unit takes only 9V from the transformer, right?

Here we use 230V / 60Hz as opposed to 110/50.

GREENMACHINE
September 14th, 2009, 12:22 AM
oh, ok thanks deeaa. That helps alot. I just didn't wanna blow it up, coz if I did that I can't afford to get another one lol haha.

Thanks again,
Cav

kiteman
September 15th, 2009, 01:30 PM
9vdc 0.5A negative center. I bought the Boss PW for the ME-70 I have.

You're gonna like the pedal. My sweet combo is Carvin Bolt with C22s - Me-70 - Windsor half stack.

GREENMACHINE
September 16th, 2009, 12:00 AM
9vdc 0.5A negative center. I bought the Boss PW for the ME-70 I have.

You're gonna like the pedal. My sweet combo is Carvin Bolt with C22s - Me-70 - Windsor half stack.

Hey Kiteman,
Ok, thanks man! Yeah I love the pedal ay, its great! Do you run the ME-70 through the main input or through the effects loop?

Sweet setup man! That sounds great!

Laterz,
Cav

kiteman
September 16th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Main input. :)

GREENMACHINE
September 16th, 2009, 01:37 PM
ok, awesome! Thanks man!

Laterz,
Cav