PDA

View Full Version : Most underrated albums by well known artists?

tremoloman
August 28th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Which albums by well known artists do you feel have been overlooked?

Here are a few I want to mention to kick things off:

AC/DC: Powerage, Flick of the Switch - These albums never seem to get any attention, yet I think they are two of their best releases. Guns For Hire from FOTS is just rocking, and every track on Powerage gets me tapping my foot.

The Rolling Stones: Their Satanic Majesties Request - Far and away my favorite Stones album. I think of it as their "Sgt. Pepper".

Justaguyin_nc
August 28th, 2006, 09:18 AM
The Rolling Stones: Their Satanic Majesties Request - Far and away my favorite Stones album. I think of it as their "Sgt. Pepper".

Just a side note to this one.. Brian Jones figured it to be a flop... and that quote as to be compared to Sgt. Pepper seems to been his feelings as well.. There is a DVD out called http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ECX0TM/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_1_img/002-1623645-7541600?ie=UTF8 Stoned about Brian Jones and the stones.. not great , but something about the stones start and the murder? of Brian Jones.

Spudman
August 28th, 2006, 03:16 PM
My vote would have to be any Kings X album at all. Why these guys haven't gotten huge is beyond me.

Next I'd say that in the USA Ayreon's- "Human Equation," The Flower Kings - "Paradox Hotel," and most importantly Neal Morse's - "Question" are all masterpieces that nobody knows about.