PDA

View Full Version : Good day/bad day

peachhead
September 16th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I just wanted to ask if y'all would keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. I just lost my Mom early Wed morning after a long struggle with metastatic breast cancer. Next week she would have been 74. This was her third bout with it, and the longest, as she has been dealing with it since 2005.

I realize she's in a much better place with no pain and she's with my Dad again, so in that sense, it was a great day.

But, right now, it's also a bad day.

wingsdad
September 16th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I lost my mom to cancer at 66, peach. My dad joined her 5 years later.
Your mom's with Angels looking over you & yours forever, amigo.
Peace and good memories.
mick

mrmudcat
September 16th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Hang in there brother,atleast she is at peace!:)

Robert
September 16th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I am sorry for your loss. Losing family is never easy.

bigG
September 16th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, peach. Both of my parents are still going strong in their 80s, and I often find myself dwelling on the loss of either or both of them. Moreso as each year passes. I'm trying to steel myself for the moment when that imminent phone call comes.

None of us is immune to it, and it will happen. I hope I can be strong and be there for the surviving parent.

A hard day for your loss, but it's good that she is finally at peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours this night. Words seem so inadequate at times like this.

Keep on keepin' on, brother. It's all part of the cycle of life.

G

ted s
September 17th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Sorry to hear this Peach, good thoughts your way.

warren0728
September 17th, 2009, 06:25 AM
mojo sent....

street music
September 17th, 2009, 06:37 AM
May your family find peace Peach, sorry for the lose of your mom.

Kodiak3D
September 17th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Sorry for your loss, Peach. Wishes of strength and peace to you, and I hope your day gets better.

M29
September 17th, 2009, 07:04 AM
It is comforting to know she is no longer in pain and whole again with your father. Prayers and mojo to you and your family.

luvmyshiner
September 17th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Thoughts and prayers from the Shiner family.

evenkeel
September 17th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Very sorry for your loss.

sumitomo
September 17th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Lifting ya up Peachhead,always remember the good times you had together.Sumi:D

Tone2TheBone
September 17th, 2009, 08:09 AM
My sincere condolences to you and your family. Very sorry for your loss.

duhvoodooman
September 17th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Deepest condolences, Peach. My mom is 88 now but has declined noticeably in the last year and a half or so. This sad day touches us all eventually. Focus on the good memories and the assurance that her suffering has ended.

sunvalleylaw
September 17th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Sorry for your loss, Peach. Wishes of strength and peace to you, and I hope your day gets better. I am going to echo this one. Well said. Sorry for your loss, Peachhead.

piebaldpython
September 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully, she didn't suffer too terribly. If she didn't.....that in and of itself is a wonderful blessing. Remember the good times with her.

Monkus
September 17th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Many condolences, sending warm waters, cool breezes and the sound of sun on the beach bring much mojo to you and yours. Take the time to mourn, or it will last a lifetime.

Childbride
September 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Peachhead,

my deepest heartfelt condolences and empathy.

our thoughts are with you and yours.

you have memories that will never fade; keep them close to your heart. they make it a little easier. [a little]

and rejoice that she is no longer in pain.

k

peachhead
September 17th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and posts of support. You will never know how much they have meant to me- one more reason why this group is one of the best bunch of folks on the net. I've not had the opportunity to meet any of you personally (and I hope that changes at some point!) but in good times and bad, y'all are there for your friends, and I appreciate that more than I can say. From this forum, I not only have had a chance to learn about playing guitar but much, much more about all aspects of life. Those who have never experienced this will never understand how much they have missed.
I will always remember the good times I had with Mama and am thankful that she is no longer having to deal with her illness. Being able to pick up my guitar and play has been a great release for me the past couple of days, and I'm sure, in the coming months as I learn to live without her.
May God bless all of you and your families, and each of you please, please, please, today, after you read this, take a moment and spend some time with someone you love. Tell them how much they mean to you. You will never regret it.

bigoldron
September 21st, 2009, 08:20 PM
Peach, my brother, I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread till today. I'm sorry for your loss, as you said, she's in a better place with no more suffering and there's peace and comfort in that fact. I can understand what you're going through. We lost Daddy back in 2005 to cancer. It was crime to watch somebody as healthy and full of life as he was dwindle down the way he did.

We'll definitely keep you in our prayers! Peace, Brother!

peachhead
September 21st, 2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks Ron, I appreciate it! We're hanging in there and all the prayers and support is definitely making a difference!