PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bonamassa Interview in Nov. Guitar Edge

duhvoodooman
September 17th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Pretty interesting interview w/ JB in the November issue of Guitar Edge online mag. Also has the music/tab for his version of B.B. King's You Upset Me Baby.

http://digital.guitaredge.com/guitaredge/200911_1#pg2

VoodoChild
September 17th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Joe Kicks A** !! I have only Seen him Live about 5 times Since say 2000 But He rips it up !!! :rockon:

ShootTheGlass
September 21st, 2009, 01:14 PM
Looking forward to seeing him play at the end of the year, missed him the last time round; guy I know saw him and said it was a fantastic gig with one of the best sound setups he's heard.

duhvoodooman
September 21st, 2009, 02:35 PM
Looking forward to seeing him play at the end of the year, missed him the last time round; guy I know saw him and said it was a fantastic gig with one of the best sound setups he's heard.
He be right! I saw Joe in Syracuse back in late Feb. at the beginning of the John Henry tour, and that's a good one-line summary. He's coming to Albany next April and I already have my tickets.... :D :dude: :rockon:

Tig
September 24th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Just read it today.
I've heard his name many times, but get this, I've never listened to any of his songs. So, I fire up Youtube and by the 3rd song, I started kicking myself in the arse. How could I, a blues and bluesy-rock lover, never ever listened to Joe Bonamassa:confused:?
Go ahead and shot me. Like Paul Shaffer in "This Is Spinal Tap": "Do me a favor. Just kick my ***, okay? Kick this *** for a man, that's all. Kick my ***. Enjoy. Come on. I'm not asking, I'm telling with this. Kick my ***."

I downloaded the "Live from Nowhere In Particular" and wow, I love it. I'm a fan of well recorded live albums, especially blues and jazz.

I will work hard to catch up on all the missed JB music. Life is good when there's more great music than can be listened to in a life time.