PDA

View Full Version : Today is a good day!

Brian Krashpad
September 17th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Just got this in the mail from ebay:

http://i.ebayimg.com/14/!BTydmL!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLltsWbBKKS94KU+g~~_12.JPG

Found out I just won this on ebay for $2.25 + shipping:

http://i.ebayimg.com/19/!BUV7UOwB2k~$%28KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BKNDP8yTkQ~~_12.JPG

And the seller from craigslist just delivered this to my office, $275 w/hsc:

http://images.craigslist.org/3md3p83od5O05Q95Pb99ecb02ff672c3a1c02.jpg http://images.craigslist.org/3n33m73o35O25Qc5Pd99ed599cec779f21867.jpg

So, way better than most days!

;D

Oh, and I don't have an exact date on the T-40 yet, but, as I suspected it's a PAF-- which in Peavey T-series geekspeak means one of the earliest ones that says "Patents Applied For" on the headstock.

Robert
September 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Congrats!

Brian Krashpad
September 17th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks Robert. I did a little digging on the intranets, and the PAF headstock ones are from the first 2 years of production, 1978-79. It'd be even rarer if the serial number started with an "8M" (which is the first run), but even I ain't that lucky!

bigG
September 17th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Congrats, krash! Cool stuff! And you know my love of some of Peavey's stuff from my sig! Good day, indeed! :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
September 17th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks G! There's some gouges on the back of the neck I could live without, and I need to find one pickguard replacement screw, but she's in pretty good shape overall.

Also, I weighed the bass. As you know, one big rap against them is their weight.

It's between 10 1/4 and 10 1/2 pounds. For a solidbody ash bass, that ain't bad at all.

A lotta sissies and folks with bad backs out there, I guess.

bigG
September 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks G! There's some gouges on the back of the neck I could live without, and I need to find one pickguard replacement screw, but she's in pretty good shape overall.

Also, I weighed the bass. As you know, one big rap against them is their weight.

It's between 10 1/4 and 10 1/2 pounds. For a solidbody ash bass, that ain't bad at all.

A lotta sissies and folks with bad backs out there, I guess.

Aw, man, 10 lbs is like a toothpick compared to the Fender basses of the '60s! Those things were like trying to play a tree trunk strapped over your shoulder! That, amongst many other reasons, is why I SO preferred my Ric bass! (Timmy Bogert, of The Vanilla Fudge, used to play a Fretless Wonder. He and I used to sit n share licks n runs at warm-ups before my band opened for them on many occasions. He was a fantastic bass man! Went on to form Cactus, Beck, Bogert and Appice, etc...)

Sissies and bad backs, indeed! :D

Brian Krashpad
September 17th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Wow, that's cool G! I can remember all those bands. Whereabouts in the country were you back then? Or all over?

Spudman
September 17th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Nice shirts. I hope they have enough padding to help you with the worlds heaviest bass. Oh, the bass is way cool too. Seriously though, they sound great and play great but weigh like a tank.

bigG
September 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Wow, that's cool G! I can remember all those bands. Whereabouts in the country were you back then? Or all over?

We were in Miami, NJ and NYC. The Fudge owned a club on Long Island called The Action House, where we were stationed as house band for abt a year (along w The Illusion, a GREAT band!) while landing a recording contract w Columbia Records. Recorded in their famous Studio One, where the likes of Sinatra had cut his Columbia stuff!

I got TONS of stories, man, abt opening for many top-draw touring bands in the 60s and early 70s. If we're both around here long enough, you'll likely hear most of 'em...whether you want to or not! :rotflmao: Gotta re-live those memories and tell those stories! Sooner or later :)

mrmudcat
September 17th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Nice

Brian Krashpad
September 17th, 2009, 03:38 PM
G-- bring on those stories! I love that kinda stuff. Nice to hear from a full-time musician who was out in the trenches!

(Not that there's anything wrong with being a bedroom player, or a guy like me who plays in pissant local bands and church.)

sunvalleylaw
September 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Congrats Brian!

Brian Krashpad
September 17th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks Steve. I may get some other T-series axes in future, but for now I've got the 2 flagships.

And a couple cool t-shirts.

:AOK:

bigoldron
September 17th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Looks like Big B had a really good day! Nice stuff there Brian!

peachhead
September 18th, 2009, 12:06 AM
G-- bring on those stories! I love that kinda stuff. Nice to hear from a full-time musician who was out in the trenches!

(Not that there's anything wrong with being a bedroom player, or a guy like me who plays in pissant local bands and church.)

or maybe a guy like me, who plays in the.. umm... dining room and garage. :D

Bring the stories, man, we wanna hear em!

Trailer Park Casanova
September 19th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Cool.:rockon:

Brian Krashpad
September 19th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Nice shirts. I hope they have enough padding to help you with the worlds heaviest bass. Oh, the bass is way cool too. Seriously though, they sound great and play great but weigh like a tank.

Actually, fwiw, this'un ain't that bad.

I actually weighed it on the postal/baby scale at work, and it's somewhere between 10 1/4 and 10 1/2 pounds. For a big-*** solid body ash bass, that's not bad at all.

That said, after a 2-hour band practice today I will admit to some sore shoulder.

Nothing I couldn't cowboy up and shake off though.

My lead singer/bandleader/keyboardist/guitarist loves it.

That works for me.

Oh, and it sounds and plays bosstastic.