PDA

View Full Version : Dano mini pedals and great customer service

birv2
September 17th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I just had a great CS experience with Danelectro. Having worked in CS, I know that you always hear from people when they're unhappy, so I'm posting a happy exchange.

I just bought a Tuna Melt tremolo, one of the Dano mini pedal line. You know, the one with the weird deli food names for each pedal? Anyway, they're usually considered good bang for the buck, but one complaint is that they're so small and the knobs are so small, that it's easy to step on the knobs and break them.

Danelectro makes a "control knob protector" and suggests buying them from allparts.com. I checked allparts, but no control knob protectors. I went to the Dano site to find a contact email so I could ask where to get them. I got an email from Marci there in about an hour asking for my address and how many I needed. She is sending me three for free.

I asked her if she'd mind if I posted this. It's fine with her, and she promises to send them to anyone who asks. Her email is marcy@danelectro.com.

Kudos to Marcy and Dano.

:dude:

bigG
September 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Very cool, birv! It's nice to hear reports like that! Sadly, they're too few and far between.

(In a related matter, I needed a copy of my invoice from Swart Amps a few weeks back for insurance "proof of ownership". I emailed Michael Swart and he responded w an emailed copy of my invoice, as well as postal service copy. Had that in 2 days, sent from NC to FL! THE BEST customer service from Michael Swart!)

G

ibanezjunkie
September 19th, 2009, 04:05 AM
its usually the smaller companies (danelectro, blackheart) and the lesser known brands (hughes & Kettner, divided by thirteen) that you have the best exchanges with. ive had a few sour exchanges with Marshall trying to get some technical information about the speakers they used for the original valvestates.

Spudman
September 19th, 2009, 08:28 AM
its usually the smaller companies (danelectro, blackheart) and the lesser known brands (hughes & Kettner, divided by thirteen) that you have the best exchanges with.

Hughes & Kettner in the States does not have good service from my experience. But largely the smaller companies do tend to listen and act sooner than some of the larger ones.