PDA

View Full Version : Walter Trout Anyone ??

VoodoChild
September 19th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Just a Toss to Walter Trout and Also Smokin Joe Kubek ....Real Fun Music !!!
Walter is a Nut And Joe Is A Tone Freak !!!!

duhvoodooman
September 19th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Haven't heard much of Kubek's work, though I did recently come across a free download of a song called My Dog's Still Walkin' from a recent CD on Alligator Records. It also features singer/guitarist Bnois King, who's been with him for many years, I guess. Good tune!

But Walter Trout--yeah, him I've been listening to for a while. Really enjoyed one of his more recent CDs called Full Circle, where he brought in a bunch of noted blues players, including John Mayall, Jeff Healey, Joe Bonamassa, Coco Montoya and Guitar Shorty, among others. He used to play in Mayall's band along with Montoya back in the late '80s.

VoodoChild
September 19th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah Smokin Joe and Bnois have been together since the early nineties late eighties ?In the early eighties he used to Jam from time to time with SRV as they were both from the same area in texas
Bnois Plays Some Awesome rhythm and Sings while Joes Does the Heavy stuff.. hes really A master at getting Some incredible tones He now uses the Dr. Z MAZ38 Amp ( 2x12 combo) . In fact they are here In Phoenix next Friday the 25th . you can See him on you tube and get and idea of his playing style.

Perfect Stranger
September 20th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Been listening to Walter Trout for several years. Love his playing .....and he sings pretty well also.

birv2
September 20th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I really like Trout's Full Circle album, mainly because of the great collaborations. I think almost all of them were done live in studio in one take. Check out "She Takes More Than She Gives" with John Mayall. Terrific slow blues.

Trout has a lot of energy as a guitarist. After a while, I start getting tired of all the notes though.:whatever:

Bob