PDA

View Full Version : Got my new guitar, GAS sated!

ShootTheGlass
September 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Well, its been a while coming, promised I wouldnt get myself anything else til Id progressed a bit and was enjoying it a lot more (thanks to those of you on here for all the encouragement and advice). I have progressed and am enjoying it so much that while at work, I cant wait to play every day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Gabbastard/guitar/j4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Gabbastard/guitar/neck.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Gabbastard/guitar/headstock.jpg

Got this, and man, has it surpassed my expectations. It plays so fast and smoothly, sounds great with a lot of sustain for a floating bridge axe. Pickups are incredibly clear on clean channel, and bridge hb sounds pretty full on distortion.

The finish is beautiful - when I saw the dealers bumf and the jackson website, the trans blue looks a lot lighter and brighter. This is better though, a really strong mid blue with tons of depth.

I must admit to feeling a bit guilty for two reasons - playing it with less ability than it deserves :rotflmao: and playing it through my Line 6!

Im really happy with it, if you get a chance to play one of these. :D

Spudman
September 21st, 2009, 02:21 PM
Beauty guitar. What's next? :D

How's she sound?

FrankenFretter
September 21st, 2009, 02:22 PM
Nice looking guitar, Shoot. One thing about having something you love to play; you DO play more often, and hence your talent improves. Rock on, brother! :dude:

marnold
September 21st, 2009, 03:27 PM
U.S.A. Jackson . . . sweeeeet!

M29
September 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Sweet git STG :rockon: I love the color! What radius is that?

M

mrmudcat
September 21st, 2009, 05:45 PM
That makes my eeriedess swirl with envy!!!:master:

Maybe ill have to dig her out tommorow for the boys to play with:dude:

kiteman
September 22nd, 2009, 04:14 AM
Nice looking guitar, Shoot. One thing about having something you love to play; you DO play more often, and hence your talent improves. Rock on, brother! :dude:

What he said so no need to feel guilty. :)

ShootTheGlass
September 22nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys

Its a neck-through, compound radius; it goes from a 12" at the nut to a 16" at the body. Feels really natural to play, like its the way all guitars should be.

It sounds really good, Ill try to get some clips of it, but Ive had problems for ages trying to get my sound card (cheesy on-board Soundmax) to take a line-in without crashing LOL

mrmudcat, I was really tempted to get the eerie dess swirl, but wasnt sure if it was a spur of the moment choice, so took the chance on the trans blue instead.

bigG
September 22nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Very nice, STG! An eye-catcher fer sure, and I've always loved neck-thru's! Not enough of 'em being made, in my opinion. :rockon:

mrmudcat
September 22nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys

Its a neck-through, compound radius; it goes from a 12" at the nut to a 16" at the body. Feels really natural to play, like its the way all guitars should be.

It sounds really good, Ill try to get some clips of it, but Ive had problems for ages trying to get my sound card (cheesy on-board Soundmax) to take a line-in without crashing LOL

mrmudcat, I was really tempted to get the eerie dess swirl, but wasnt sure if it was a spur of the moment choice, so took the chance on the trans blue instead.

Hey brother shes a pretty thang with a nice top:rockon: ;)

She has no play time at all or maybe an hour in 2 years:thwap:

She can scream though and the neck is fine!!!!