PDA

View Full Version : Tony Joe White's Rainy Night in Georgia

bigoldron
September 22nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Here's a pretty cool clip of a song that I've always liked - a peaceful, melancholy type of song that can either put your heart at peace or make you even bluer than you are. It's performed by a guy named John Stipe.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TDXHaxnMFFw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TDXHaxnMFFw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This one's for you Muddie. Hopefully, it'll give you a little peace.

mrmudcat
September 22nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Thank you brother,I caught hell today for whipping out one of the supros and trying to make sounds with the boys ,it was pitiful atleast to my ears but the boys and me shared a moment atleast...........I just got "THE LOOK" from mamma the whole time.......although I know it is tearing her apart to do so :cry:

I might get out candy and koa tonight for tonights entertainment.........boys will be happy to appease:AOK:

bigoldron
September 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Thank you brother,I caught hell today for whipping out one of the supros and trying to make sounds with the boys ,it was pitiful atleast to my ears but the boys and me shared a moment atleast...........I just got "THE LOOK" from mamma the whole time.......although I know it is tearing her apart to do so :cry:

I know it's killing you, but don't overdo it too quick. You could cause more damage and we don't want that. :nono:

mrmudcat
September 22nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Edit: above post im listening tonight..........:confused:

I cancelled doctors apt's first thing this morning and it did not help the cause:thwap: Ill go maybe friday:poke:

oldguy
September 22nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
I like every Tony Joe White song I've ever heard, but this is one of my favorites.:AOK:
Thanks for the video, Ron, and Muddie............we're thinking 'bout all you Georgia folks up here in Missouri, and sayin' our prayers for you all.
Last winter's ice storm destroyed our yard and left us powerless for a week, and this spring's hail ruined our roof and totalled one car and two pickups,:thwap:
I feel for you.:cry:
Stay tough, it'll pass.

mrmudcat
September 22nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Yea im going to forever dedicate this song to this hellacious week............I cry for all pappa's mamma's memaws papaws who have lost kids these last few days.......there have been some really tear jerk stories of kids as im typing and watching local news :(

I am so thankful though Ron my brother...........to be blessed to have my family after last week moreso after the last few days :messedup:

mrmudcat
September 22nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
I like every Tony Joe White song I've ever heard, but this is one of my favorites.:AOK:
Thanks for the video, Ron, and Muddie............we're thinking 'bout all you Georgia folks up here in Missouri, and sayin' our prayers for you all.
Last winter's ice storm destroyed our yard and left us powerless for a week, and this spring's hail ruined our roof and totalled one car and two pickups,:thwap:
I feel for you.:cry:
Stay tough, it'll pass.

Thank you brother..............

Bless the children lost everyone everywhere:confused:

oldguy
September 22nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Amen. Material things can be replaced, and truly mean little.

bigG
September 22nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Man, that cat does a fine job on a great song! And I love the look on his face - he's enjoying himself a ton!

Here's hoping the best for you guys, Ron n Mud n Peachhead. I been thinkin of ya.

All my dad's people are in and around the Athens area (Ila and Jefferson), so they've been on my mind, too.

As Roger McGuinn said, many years ago: "I trust everything will work out right in the end".

Good mojo to ya both, and to all the hurtin' people,
G

mrmudcat
September 22nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
Thank you brother.......G

peachhead
September 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Amen. Material things can be replaced, and truly mean little.

Ain't that the truth.

Thanks G- not too many weather related problems here, thankfully, because otherwise it's been a crapper of a week.

bigoldron
September 26th, 2009, 11:35 AM
This must be "crappy" week. I think we've all had one. But, there's always hope for next week. Hang in there my friends! Keep your faith strong and your head up!