PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by Robert...

duhvoodooman
August 28th, 2006, 06:45 PM
...who posted that cool Back in Black lesson. As I mentioned in his thread, I've just been learning that tune for the first time, and his lesson contained a couple of the subtleties that had escaped me.

Anyway, I found a backing track on the web a while back that had the whole song, (including the vocal), except for the guitar. So I laid down a guitar track over it, using my LP and the Drive channel of my Delta Blues. As good as Robert's '51 sounds in the lesson (and its articulate tone is perfect for that use), I just don't think you can beat the fat sound of a dual humbucker guitar for a classic hard rock tune like this one. I thought this turned out pretty decently for an amateur picker like me!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 28th, 2006, 07:33 PM
vERY COOL BROTHER ...NEED A PIC OF YOU IN SCHOOLBOY SHORTS AND HAT THOUGH TO COMPLETE THE MENTAL PIC..... CHEERS DUHVOODOOMAN..

Nelskie
August 28th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Man, DVM, I liked that. Anybody who can throw down some Back In Black is playin' guitar, my friend. Nice. ;) I'm interested to know what your setup was on that.

Robert
August 28th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Nice, DVM! That tune is fun to play, ain't it!? Actually, I love playing AC/DC songs, there are so groovy.

SuperSwede
August 29th, 2006, 12:10 AM
DVM, very nice! Really fat sound from that Delta Blues! :)

tiefnig
August 29th, 2006, 04:07 AM
I like ac/dc too. It always makes the people go nuts.

t_ross33
August 29th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Once I get this recording stuff figured out, I'll post our country version of Hell's Bells. It's a two-step. Who knew?

Figured since we thrashed Cash on Folsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire and Cocaine Blues, some payback was in order. Seemed like the least we could do. :D

duhvoodooman
August 29th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Man, DVM, I liked that. Anybody who can throw down some Back In Black is playin' guitar, my friend. Nice.
Well, it's certainly nice of you to say that! Us "ammies" can use all the encouragement we can get!! :D

I'm interested to know what your setup was on that.
It should sound pretty familiar. Basically a tweak on your LP/Classic 30 "LaTone" settings. B-8, M-10, T-8, and the rest of the amp settings per your specs. Running both p'ups, with vols dimed and tone about midpoint on both.

Nelskie
August 29th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelskie
I'm interested to know what your setup was on that.
It should sound pretty familiar. Basically a tweak on your LP/Classic 30 "LaTone" settings. B-8, M-10, T-8, and the rest of the amp settings per your specs. Running both p'ups, with vols dimed and tone about midpoint on both.
Cool! Glad you found some use out of that setting. It's one that I use all the time with my Les Paul / Classic 30 - - and very versatile, too. ;)

warren0728
August 29th, 2006, 09:41 AM
hmmm...i click on the link and get an invalid file error :(

duhvoodooman
August 29th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Try it again, Warren. I just edited the post and replaced the original clip with one where I edited out the long 10-beat lead-in from the original backing track.

warren0728
August 29th, 2006, 09:55 AM
worked that time...great job!! :DR

ww

ted s
August 29th, 2006, 03:14 PM
very cool DVM !:cool:

duhvoodooman
August 29th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks for all the encouragement, guys! :D

Robert, you're absolutely right--AC/DC is a gas to play. No holds barred, straight-ahead rock'n'roll!! :DR

Trev, I'm waiting to hear that two-step version of Hell's Bells! :eek:

Tinky-Winky
September 10th, 2006, 11:59 AM
That was very good; clean playing and a nice, meaty tone.

Justaguyin_nc
September 10th, 2006, 04:02 PM
wow missed this one... very nice job DVM... that Delta sounded sweet!
I felt Malcom looking over at his brother thinking of replacing him... good work!

Leonidas
September 12th, 2006, 02:13 PM
That sounds great DVM! Damn that peavey gets some badass TONE!! Clean, good playin... And man that TONE! I'm lovin it.:cool: