PDA

View Full Version : Life lesson........for today kiddies

mrmudcat
September 23rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a
well. The animal cried piteously for hours as
the farmer tried to figure out what to do.

Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the
well needed to be covered up anyway;

it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and
help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began
to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the
donkey realized what was happening and cried
horribly Then, to everyone's amazement he
quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally
looked down the well. He was astonished at what
he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his
back, the donkey was doing something amazing.
He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel
dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it
off and take a step up.

Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey
stepped up over the edge of the well and
happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds
of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well
is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of
our troubles is a steppingstone.. We can get out
of the deepest wells just by not stopping,
never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.

Free your mind from worries - Most never happen.

Live simply and appreciate what you have.

Give more.

Expect less

NOW ............

Enough of that crap . The donkey later came back,

and bit the farmer who had tried to bury him.

The gash from the bite got infected and

the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.

MORAL FROM TODAY'S LESSON:

When you do something wrong, and try to cover
your azz, it always comes back to bite you.

:rotflmao:

street music
September 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Very True!

sumitomo
September 23rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
AMEN Brother! I like that one.Sumi:D

bigG
September 23rd, 2009, 06:48 PM
Man, that's a good one, mr. mud! Had me goin', there...I was fallin' for it! :rotflmao:

peachhead
September 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
I was all ready to be serious, but the ending got me! :D

But it's all too true!!

bigoldron
September 26th, 2009, 11:55 AM
CYA can be a messy thing! :D

Reminds me of the story of Little Bird. Late one fall, as all the other birds were heading South, Little Bird decided that he'd stick around and see what Winter was all about. So, he hung and watched as all the other birds left.

One morning, Little Bird woke up to find that a heavy snow had fallen. He was having a hard time flying because he was so cold. He also noticed that there was nothing to eat either. So, feeling quite sorry for himself, Little Bird was sitting there on the ground, shivering and feeling miserable.

A few minutes later, a cow walked up to him and asked him, "What's wrong, Little Bird?" "I'm so cold," said Little Bird, "and I'm think I'm going to freeze to death." "Oh," said the cow, "maybe I can help." The cow turned around, lifted her tail and dropped a large, steaming cow pie right on Little Bird's head and walked away.

"YUCK" thought Little Bird. "How gross is this." he thought. But, then Little Bird began to realize something. Even though it stunk terribly, the manure was nice and warm and made Little Bird feel better! In fact, Little Bird felt so much better that he began to sing at the top of his lungs.

About that time a wolf was passing by looking for something to eat, when he heard Little Bird singing. He walked over to the cow pile and asked Little Bird what had happened. Little Bird told the wolf everything that happened to him up to that point. "Oh," said the wolf, "maybe I can help." Wolf leaned down and gobbled Little Bird right up and walked away.

The moral of the story has 3 points:

1) Not everyone who dumps on you is trying to hurt you.
2) Not everyone who helps you out is trying to help you.

and most importantly:

3) When you're up to your neck in crap, as long as you're warm and happy, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!! :rotflmao:

mrmudcat
September 26th, 2009, 01:52 PM
:D :beer: :rotflmao:

Spudman
September 26th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Wow! I just learned everything I ever need to know to live my life...and I learned it from guitar players. Whowoodathunk?

Those are great. :rotflmao:

wingsdad
September 27th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Might as well offer another fable to the thread. I forget where I picked this up, but here goes:

A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village.

An American tourist complimented the Mexican fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took him to catch them.

"Not very long," answered the Mexican.

"But then, why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?" asked the American.

The Mexican explained that his small catch was sufficient to meet his needs and those of his family.

The American asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

"I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings, I go into the village to see my friends, have a few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs ... I have a full life."

The American interrupted, "I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you! You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat. With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers. Instead of selling your fish to a middleman, you can negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant. You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City! From there you can direct your huge enterprise."

"How long would that take?" asked the Mexican.

"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years," replied the American.

"And after that?"

"Afterwards? That's when it gets really interesting," answered the American, laughing. "When your business gets really big, you can start selling stocks and make millions!"

"Millions? Really? And after that?"

"After that you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, take a siesta, and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."