PDA

View Full Version : Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive video

Robert
September 24th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Made this one up yesterday. Man, I love that single coil grit you get with a pedal like this! :master:

Brg40ZSCNmc

marnold
September 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Nothing really to do with the video, but the embedded Google ads crack me up, especially the one I've seen on a lot of your videos that just says "Suck at Guitar?"

Robert
September 24th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I know I suck already... thanks Google for hammering it in! :)

What about the tone on the video? Anything that tickles your fancy, Rev Rawk?

SuperSwede
September 24th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Dont mind the ads Robert, I got the Guitar Hero 5 ad ;)

Its a great sound and as usual perfect image and audio quality.

marnold
September 24th, 2009, 08:57 AM
What about the tone on the video? Anything that tickles your fancy, Rev Rawk?
Your playing, the tone, and the pedal are certainly fine examples of an overdriven single-coil sound. I have no issues with it.

The issue is with me. As I get older, I find myself feeling that the single coil sound is less and less appealing. I think I can blame Joe Bonamassa for it. When he switched to Les Pauls, I was skeptical. But now I even find it hard to listen to some of his earliest albums because the Strat tone sounds so thin in comparison. That doesn't mean that I can't enjoy the many and varied Strat players I admire. I never thought I'd come to that point since I'm such a big SRV fan, although his tone tends to be fatter than typical.

So basically, when I listen to your clips I tend to like the clean tones better than those with any grit. Once any decent amount of grit gets introduced, I find myself wishing for a humbucker. But again that is not casting aspersions on your playing or equipment. It's just my tastes, nothing more.

bigG
September 24th, 2009, 10:59 AM
By gosh, you've done it again, boss! Sweet Sonic Saturation Sure to Satisfy the most Salient of Six String Single-coil Slingers! (<<<< Sorry, had an attack of alliteration...it's now Satisfied :D ) :AOK:

Retro Hound
September 24th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I'd like a CD of this music to unwind to after work.

FrankenFretter
September 24th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Sounds fantastic, as usual, Robert. Pretty nice little pedal. Almost sounds like dirt getting in the pull gain. :D