PDA

View Full Version : I know more than I thought?

sumitomo
September 25th, 2009, 08:11 AM
My daughter came in our music(noise)room picked up a guitar and said,Show me how to play a song.So I worked on showing her a D chord(she's 9 and has small hands)but watching her try to position her fingers made me think of when I first picked up a guitar on thought man this is hard I'll never get this,she said just about the same thing only I told her even when It gets boaring just keep your hands on it you'll learn faster than you think.So game on I need a rhythm player! Sumi:D:rockon:

Algonquin
September 25th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Very true! It's easy to forget what an accomplishment it is to learn any instrument... period! ...and to be able to play for ones own enjoyment is a tremendous reward :AOK:

evenkeel
September 25th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Very cool Sumi. Although come to think of it, even after 40+ years of playing what you describe "man this is hard I'll never get this" could well be yesterday. :D

sumitomo
September 25th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Very cool Sumi. Although come to think of it, even after 40+ years of playing what you describe "man this is hard I'll never get this" could well be yesterday. :D
Exactly! Sumi:D Just gotta keep my hands on it!

peachhead
September 25th, 2009, 09:40 PM

I try to remember that every time I try to learn some new weird finger position chord....

pes_laul
September 26th, 2009, 07:41 PM
That's great dude :)

I remember I said the same thing when I first started. And I had little itty bitty hands and now I have big ol' sausage fingers lol

I'm just glad my dad had me start on a full size guitar than a smaller one.