PDA

View Full Version : Fender Hot Rod 410

Tiremanws
September 25th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Well I need a speaker since one of the four decided to go bye bye. Is it neccessary to stay with the same original speakers? I do know that it rated 30 watts @ 8 ohms and would like to try a different one with the same specs. Also what problems if any would happen if I used a 50 watt speaker when the others are 30 watts? I've been told that it's common to do this but would like you guys to give me your reccomendations. I'd trust your advise than a salesmans. Thanks for any imput on this matter.

mrmudcat
September 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM
As long as its rated @ 8 ohm and wired into the speaker set up the same way.:bravo:

The amps voicing(sound) might change for better/worse what are you looking @ for a speaker also is the other blown or fixable???:poke:

Great choices on replacement or a recone of old one if need be!!

http://www.tedweber.com/

Spudman
September 26th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Muddy is right. Stay with the same ohms but changing a speaker or two could yield some pretty pleasing sounds. As it is all the stock speakers are the same sound. Replace 2 and you'll have a blend of sounds. So if your stock speakers have a nice high end you might want to find replacement speakers that have a tight full low end. Blending the two will get you a hybrid sound that can be much better than the stock speakers can provide.

Think about the shortcomings the amp had and shop for speakers to correct that issue.

Tiremanws
September 30th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Muddy is right. Stay with the same ohms but changing a speaker or two could yield some pretty pleasing sounds. As it is all the stock speakers are the same sound. Replace 2 and you'll have a blend of sounds. So if your stock speakers have a nice high end you might want to find replacement speakers that have a tight full low end. Blending the two will get you a hybrid sound that can be much better than the stock speakers can provide.

Think about the shortcomings the amp had and shop for speakers to correct that issue.
I know you are into this stuff hot and heavy. Other than staying with the same brand do you have any reccomendation? Most of the music is clean or slightly driven at times. He's just replacing the one at this time but may end up doing two if he likes the sound. The budget is set for under $100 if this will help. The amp was one of the cheapest tube amps for the money and my son liked the tone of the 4 10 inch speakers.