PDA

View Full Version : Pod 2.0 and fender twin reverb

Bandini
September 27th, 2009, 07:14 AM
How do I connect my Pod 2.0 to my amp. I get crappy sound, and I`m sure that I do this WRONG.. How do I do this?

SuperSwede
September 27th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Turn of the speaker/cab sim if you havent done that already.
If you have a amph with effect loop you should connect it to loop return (you bypass the preamp).

Bandini
September 27th, 2009, 09:45 AM
How do I do that?

Should I just switch the air mode to amp, and plug the pod into the clean channel in the front of the amp? And then experiment with the output level?
Then I don`t use my pod as a preamp?

SuperSwede
September 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I´m not that familiar woth the Pod 2.0 but it should be possible to turn off the cab sim. And you can connect it through the front input but remember that two preamps + two eq´s can sound a bit strange..

kiteman
October 5th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I´m not that familiar woth the Pod 2.0 but it should be possible to turn off the cab sim. And you can connect it through the front input but remember that two preamps + two eq´s can sound a bit strange..

Or it can sound good. :)

just gotta do some twiddling.

EDIT: by the way, if you use the effects return on the amp there's no volume control as the preamp board are bypassed.

SuperSwede
October 6th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Or it can sound good. :)

Thats true :D

EDIT: by the way, if you use the effects return on the amp there's no volume control as the preamp board are bypassed.

true ...if you dont have a master volume..

kiteman
October 6th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Thats true :D

true ...if you dont have a master volume..

That's the funny thing, I have master volume on my peavy and it doesn't work there. I think I had another amp that did the same thing, I don't remember which.