PDA

View Full Version : V-picks & The Smiths-Thanks!

street music
September 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
As some of you have spoken with Vinnie from v-Picks a few times and I know we have went through the different discussion of the effects from using the different picks, I just wanted to say Thanks to Vinnie for making it possible for me to have a pick with our festival name on it that I can give to each of the musicians playing this year during our 2 days of acts.
He engraved Kentucky Apple Festival very nicely into these picks and I'm so thankful for his assistance in getting these to me just before our festival starts on Friday.
Great job Vinnie! His selection has grown and one of my friends actually got one the new custom engraved pick guards for his LP and man it was nice. It is up on his web site now I think.

Spudman
September 27th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Pics? Er, pictures? Wha...erm, can we see what they look like?

Vinnie rocks. I'm loving my smallest V Pick.

street music
September 27th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Spud, maybe tomorrow I can lay one out on some color and get a shot of how it looks, I also got a couple of different picks for myself and have been playing with'em this evening to see how much the tone is changing in each of them.
It is amazing just how much better I can play my acoustic with his picks than some of the others I use. My electric guitars just play so smooth with most any v-pick but you can go from crushing metal to sweet blues just with changing pick and amp setting and maintain great tone in both.

FusedGrooves
September 27th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I'm in Aus and since I'll never get those picks and there's no pics posted, can someone post pics of the picks so I can pick a new pick from the pics posted to pluck with? :rotflmao:

Spudman
September 27th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I'm in Aus and since I'll never get those picks and there's no pics posted, can someone post pics of the picks so I can pick a new pick from the pics posted to pluck with? :rotflmao:

We can probably post pics of the picks you might want to pick from but don't be too picky if the pics of the picks don't post very well. ( I picked that up from you;) )

street music
September 28th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Just check
www.v-picks.com
you can find all of the pictures on there.

marnold
September 28th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I'm going to have to buy some more Screamers. The one corner that I usually use on mine is finally showing a bit of wear. The nice thing about the design is that there are two other corners just like that one! They've even got some red ones now that I would have a fighting chance of finding if I would drop one on the floor.

Perfect Stranger
September 28th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I can't live without my V-picks....http://i37.tinypic.com/30vhy8j.jpg

street music
September 28th, 2009, 03:32 PM
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_35614ac12afc1e902.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1322)
Let me see if this has uploaded. I think that all the musicians will be very pleased to leave our shows with one of these. Thanks again Vinnie and Mrs Smith too.

luvmyshiner
September 28th, 2009, 03:46 PM
That looks sweet Street!

peachhead
September 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Hey, if that's gonna be a regular thing, we ought to get a group up to go there next year and play, just for the picks.....

Kodiak3D
September 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Well, I'll step up and give some props to my old man. Dad (Street) works very hard to arrange all the bands for the festival for two days of FREE live music.

The shows go on all day Friday and Saturday each with a big show to close the evening with. Last year we had two great shows with Friday's being the bluegrass band (and Grammy nominated) Steeldrivers (not your typical bluegrass, I encourage everyone to check them out) and Saturday was 2 time Grammy winner Rebecca Lynn Howard.

This year, Friday's big show is a local band called the Teen Angel Band who plays some great 50's-60's era rock and Saturday is Justin Moore whose song "Small Town USA" (strangely appropriate for Paintsville) is currently #1 on the US Country charts.

So yeah, dad does a pretty good job getting things set up and running them morning to midnight two days in a row. I never feel like the people at home give him credit for his hard work and dedication so I try to.

peachhead
September 28th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I know it was a lot of work, and it sounds like one heck of a good weekend. Seriously, sounds like a good thing to plan a weekend getaway around.

:beer: Cheers to you for all your effort and yeah, I think the picks were a great idea.

street music
September 29th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Thanks Peachhead (and my son too) it would be great to have the Fretters up for a set on the stage, Robert could even make a run in our beautiful woods as it is a great race. WE have people come from all over the US . We have a log book that usually gets signed by folks from at least 40 states and several foreign countries. Be glad to have any of show up. check us out ar
www.kyapplefest.org

just strum
October 1st, 2009, 03:22 PM
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_35614ac12afc1e902.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1322)
Let me see if this has uploaded. I think that all the musicians will be very pleased to leave our shows with one of these. Thanks again Vinnie and Mrs Smith too.

Hey, that helps from losing them. I drop mine or lay them on the table, I often have a hard time finding them. Looks good street and tip of the hat to Vinni.

Spudman
October 1st, 2009, 04:15 PM
I just ordered some medium pointy and Psycho. I love my small pointy a lot.

sunvalleylaw
October 1st, 2009, 04:59 PM
I love my small pointy a lot.

Hmm, that sounds funny. :D

I like mine (V-picks I mean), but keep forgetting to use them. I think that is because I lose picks all the time, and am afraid to use these. I guess that is like never using the nice china, and then it sits and gets dusty for years. Might as well use it (and them)!

street music
October 4th, 2009, 06:46 PM
These picks were the talk of all the musicians at the festival, again a big thanks to Vinnie.