PDA

View Full Version : Rylan and Robert jammin

Robert
September 28th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Rylan and I hooked up yesterday! Even had a :beer:

We jammed and stared at each other pedal boards (probably a few drool puddles landed on his brown and orange carpet)... and even got a few notes recorded. Rylan is editing it, and if he finds a something that sounds decent, we will post it on here.

That Nova Delay Rylan has is sweet... if I didn't have a DD-20, I'd probably get one. The Box of Rock sounded very sweet too.

I had a great time, thanks for inviting me over, Rylan! :) We'll do it again for sure.

duhvoodooman
September 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Cool! Didja have a chance to check out his Rabid Rodent, RR?

sunvalleylaw
September 28th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Sweet! I bet that was great fun! I hope to hear something from it!

rylanmartin
September 28th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I'll mix down a few minutes of mp3 in between teaching tonight.

Robert, I'm now frantically googling a good deal on a Maxon SD9.

Voodoo...I have a feeling I'll be ordering an Octofuzzy one day...

Robert
September 28th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I checked out the Rodent, and it was full of Rabies! :eek:
I am infected now, thanks. Foaming around my mouth as we speak.

Rylan, let me check the clip out before you post it - it could be scary!

Yeah, my SD-9 had Rylan drooling like a wild dog with rabies... hehe... but our friend Vood might be able to cure you?

duhvoodooman
September 29th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I checked out the Rodent, and it was full of Rabies! :eek:
I am infected now, thanks. Foaming around my mouth as we speak.

....Yeah, my SD-9 had Rylan drooling like a wild dog with rabies... hehe... but our friend Vood might be able to cure you?
Well, good ol' Dr.Voodoo has the cure for you two. :dude:

And before you go googling an SD-9, Rylan, let me direct your attention to:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=8620

rylanmartin
September 29th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Rylan, let me check the clip out before you post it - it could be scary!

I'll email it to you and let you post it.

VDM, Would it be possible to build the SD9 clone in smaller enclosure? (like a BYOC?), and Second, what kind of dollar damage are we talking :D?

Robert
September 29th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Here's a little jammin mix from the Sunday evening's jam in Sherwood Park.

http://www.box.net/shared/4qq5txc7cs

:)

sunvalleylaw
September 29th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Hey that is really great! First of all, what a nice recording! The sound is very clear and the separation/imaging beautiful. Also, nice jam! I really enjoy the styles and the playing. Now will come the test, guessing who is whom!

Thanks for sharing guys! It would have been fun to be in the room when you were going after it!

rylanmartin
September 29th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Hey that is really great! First of all, what a nice recording! The sound is very clear and the separation/imaging beautiful. Also, nice jam! I really enjoy the styles and the playing. Now will come the test, guessing who is whom!

Thanks for sharing guys! It would have been fun to be in the room when you were going after it!

You can guess which one is me by asking yourself "in comparison, whose tone is butt?".

Robert has a gift for honing in HIS tone. :master:

I, on the other hand, have an ability to find 'usable' tones...but since I've switched from a POD to using stomp boxes, I'm learning to tweak and find tune my sound, but it hasn't happened quite yet. Another hint...Robert is playing his Suhr strat (which is a diamond of a guitar. I've played several Suhrs, but Robert has his set up just right.). I'm playing my Les Paul.

We were also discussing the possibility of goofing around and attempting to record something in our home studios and send parts back and forth and attempt some form of creativity. I'm looking forward to something like that.

I never plan on running with Robert, however. I could barely carry our gear up and down my stairs without being out of breath...sad, really....

Spudman
September 29th, 2009, 10:01 PM
That was really nice guys. Having another good guitarist to play with is a real gift. Keep it up you two.:AOK:

peachhead
September 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I agree, that was great- really fun to listen to, and an excellent quality recording!!

mrmudcat
September 29th, 2009, 10:49 PM
:master:

duhvoodooman
September 30th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Nice! :AOK: Was that a bit of People Get Ready I heard there at the end?

sumitomo
September 30th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Yea very cool,when it first started out it had that Greatful Dead vibe.Sumi:D

Robert
September 30th, 2009, 08:36 AM

Thanks guys, yes Vood, that's right.

duhvoodooman
September 30th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Yea very cool,when it first started out it had that Greatful Dead vibe.
YES!! I was struck by that exact same thought, Sumi! I thought maybe Rylan was channeling Jerry Garcia.... :rockon:

sunvalleylaw
September 30th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Sounded like it to me. I liked the first bit too. different from most Robert recordings I am used to and nice to hear. I had my ideas on who was whom on the first listen, and did not hear any "butt" tone from either of you. And Robert does sound like Robert. :D

tjcurtin1
September 30th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Wow! Great stuff you guys! Really fun to listen to - yeah, definitely put some more stuff together and let us listen in! I'm listening as I write, and it just segues from one great bit to another - thanks! Lovely tone all around, and sweet playing.