PDA

View Full Version : I purged...

Radioboy950
September 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I purged...and I’m not exactly sure how I feel about it.

Over a period of a few months, I sold a Zendrive, Tele and the Rivera Quiana combo.
Zendrive didn’t get much use, the Tele didn’t get much use, and the Quiana is a LOUD & expensive amp just to play in the bedroom.

Yes, the sale helped with temporary cash flow, but I really wasn’t making the most of this equipment.

I was becoming more of a gear collector because I had the means to do so, and it’s fun to try different things.

Now that I no longer have the gear, I feel like a “loser” at times for unloading it.

However, I did keep my Vox AD50VT for fun, my 80’s era TS-9, and my ’78 Les Paul, which I bought in high school.

Anybody else struggling with sellers remorse??

just strum
September 28th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I use to struggle with sellers remorse, but I realized I got rid of them for a reason. - Didn't like them as much as I thought, didn't play them as often as I thought I would, needed the money...

Bottom line, there was a good reason at the time of the sale.

The biggest thing that surprises me, there is no burning sensation to buy another guitar (except the 335). I would probably sell my Wildkat and my Valve Jr, but the Strat and Epi Dot are keepers. Right now I think my biggest investment going forward will be upgrading the Dot with new pick ups, pots, and switch. I'm not even in a ruch to do the upgrade - all in due time.

I think I've caught a case of "content" and you know, it ain't that bad.

Robert
September 28th, 2009, 04:19 PM
It is always fun to try new things, so why not. Buy, play, have fun, unload, make room for new toys, buy new thingies, keep repeating until age 90. Works!

Radioboy950
September 28th, 2009, 04:24 PM
It is always fun to try new things, so why not. Buy, play, have fun, unload, make room for new toys, buy new thingies, keep repeating until age 90. Works!

The "lather-rinse-repeat" approach...I like it.

sunvalleylaw
September 28th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I kinda regret selling a pair of race stock Elan slalom skis a couple years back, but it let me get my 29'er mountain bike, so I can't regret it much. I kinda wish I still had my Fully I sold to Player. I like my son's and would have had fun modding it. But still, no real regrets.

peachhead
September 28th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I have more regrets over things I DIDN'T buy than anything else. Good deals at the time, and I knew it, and didn't pull the trigger for one reason or another.