PDA

View Full Version : Free blues turnaround lesson 4

Robert
September 29th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Here you go.

9vrxSNw8ncc

M29
September 29th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Thank you Robert!! This has given me some insight into a few things that have been in the back of my mind. Cool:rockon:

M

Tig
September 29th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks! That was enjoyable and useful. I've dabbled around with some of that but never put it all together properly.

//For me and my limited skills, the C9 and B9 chords at the end are easier and quicker as barre chord forms.

Robert
September 29th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks! That was enjoyable and useful. I've dabbled around with some of that but never put it all together properly.

//For me and my limited skills, the C9 and B9 chords at the end are easier and quicker as barre chord forms.

You probably mean C7 and B7 - but whatever works. Those particular voicings I show in this lesson are really useful to know as well. It's often a good idea to leave out the root bass note when chording, and that's those voicings do - they use the major 3rd for each of those chords as the lowest note. Nice sounding.

steevc
October 1st, 2009, 05:27 AM
I had a go at this and another of your tutorials last night. Good stuff. I like chromatic runs. I'll be working through some more of your videos.

marnold
October 1st, 2009, 08:27 AM
You probably mean C7 and B7 - but whatever works.
My guess is that he means the 9 chords fretted like this (e.g. A9):

X

As opposed to (e.g. E9):

X
X

Tig
October 1st, 2009, 09:04 AM
Sorry for the mixup. The D and B strings are barred at the 5th fret with the index finger, A string with ring finger, G string with middle finger, and the top and bottom E strings are muted.

e- X
B- 4
G- 5
D- 4
A- 5
E- X

Robert
October 1st, 2009, 09:40 AM
Tig, I see what you mean now, but I believe the way I show it makes it easier to move around quickly, and less chance that some notes do not ring clearly. But whatever works dude! It ain't rocket surgery.

Tig
October 1st, 2009, 09:50 AM
Tig, I see what you mean now, but I believe the way I show it makes it easier to move around quickly, and less chance that some notes do not ring clearly. But whatever works dude! It ain't rocket surgery.

After playing around more, I found that your chord form rings clear while the barred one sometimes doesn't. Sometimes a barred version works best, other times, naaah. I guess the more forms we know, the better our range and ability. I just need to keep upping my game! :AOK:

duhvoodooman
October 1st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Good one, RR. That turnaround or very similar variations on it are used a TON by my favorite blues axemen. I really like the sound of that C9-B9 chord pair.

Robert
October 7th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks Vood. I think SRV does something similar in "Tell Me".

bigG
October 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Another nice one, Roberto! :applause