PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Baseball Playoffs

piebaldpython
September 30th, 2009, 10:21 PM
OK, I'll start this thread........since my PHILS clinched the NL East tonite with a thumping of the Astros. So, will we REPEAT?? :D

Dunno about that, though I'd love for our boys to do it again, Our relief pitching isn't what it was last year for sure!! :confused: The starting pitching hasn't been all that consistent either. The acquisition of Cliff Lee was a smart move but he even had some rough patches. Our bats have gone strangely silent at times too.

Should be interesting.......just praying that the Yankees don't win it all......geez, we hate NYC teams with a fevered passion that is usually reservd for the football COWBOYS from Dallas.......:D

Go PHILS!!! About our name......the PHILS baseball club is SO OLD that it harkens back to a time when nobody gave out COOL names except for maybe the Pittsburgh PIRATES. They didn't have the forseight (:rotflmao: ) to see what a mint they could make off team name sales. :D

R_of_G
October 1st, 2009, 07:14 AM
bring on championship #27...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0JUdwANCL-E/RhB0j4Ln-vI/AAAAAAAAABA/cCr9WI7oh_c/s320/NY_Yankees_Logo.png

sunvalleylaw
October 1st, 2009, 07:48 AM
Well predictably, I was pulling for Seattle. But it appears they have o% chance of making the playoffs. Still, it was nice to see Griffy Jr.'s 3 run shot (dead center, 421 feet) last night! http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=sea (video on right). My oh my!

marnold
October 1st, 2009, 08:08 AM
bring on championship #27...]
I would love to see my Tigers (assuming they win today or two more games along the line) derail the Yankee express in their new stadium, or as I like to call it "Coors Field East." If that is to happen, either the Tigers' hitting needs to wake up or Verlander and one of the other starters must pitch out of their minds.

just strum
October 1st, 2009, 02:50 PM
The Tribe was mathmatically eliminated in April and the manager was eliminated yesterday. To be honest, I have not watched one game this year, regardless of the teams.

So who's in the playoffs?

R_of_G
October 1st, 2009, 03:20 PM
I would love to see my Tigers (assuming they win today or two more games along the line) derail the Yankee express in their new stadium, or as I like to call it "Coors Field East." If that is to happen, either the Tigers' hitting needs to wake up or Verlander and one of the other starters must pitch out of their minds.

to be honest, i am not a fan of the launchpad aspect of the new stadium. i much prefer citi field where it is exceptionally difficult to hit home runs. the new stadium itself is beautiful and i can't wait to see games there, but i'm not fond of the dimensions, particularly to the right field fence.

i am wary as a yankees fan as the walls don't get any further away when the opponent bats. it's just as easy for a tiger to hit a home run than a yankee, and i fear that if they continue to live by the late inning home run, they will die by the late inning home run.

besides, it seems right now the best strategy against the tigers is to hit the ball slightly over curtis granderson's head, and take a triple as he misjudges it and runs to chase. :thwap: