PDA

View Full Version : Bonamassa Royal Albert Hall Concert DVD is out!!

duhvoodooman
October 2nd, 2009, 07:23 AM
It was released Sept. 29, and I had pre-ordered a copy on the JB website. It came in the mail yesterday.

It's a 2-DVD set and I've only had time to watch the first one so far, but in a word--AMAZING!! Not only is the performance quality outstanding, but the video and audio quality is as good as any concert recording I've ever seen. If you're a Smokin' Joe fan or a blues lover or just a purveyor of guitar virtuosity, this release is not to be missed!

http://www.jbonamassa.com/guitargiveaway/buynow.php

Robert
October 2nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
Coolio, thanks for letting us know!

sunvalleylaw
October 2nd, 2009, 07:36 AM
I get the feeling I might be more enthused about a JB live performance than even the studio stuff I have. I am going to check it out. I don't have any live stuff yet, and would love to hear it.

M29
October 2nd, 2009, 07:57 AM
Cool Vood thanks!

M

ZMAN
October 5th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I ordered a copy of it today. It doesn't hit Canada until Oct. 6. I heard a couple of cuts on the WBFO Sunday blues show from a couple of his older albums. I also ordered the Ballad of John Henry to get free shipping from Amazon. I need some new material. I am fed up of playing the BT from the King of the Blues guitar contest!

Tig
October 5th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I might have to mention this to Santa.
(wink-wink, nudge-nudge) :socool ;)

ZMAN
October 15th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Amazon sent me a note today my Dvd is in the mail. Should be here tommorrow.
Looking forward to it. Reviews to follow.

Blaze
October 15th, 2009, 07:18 AM
It was released Sept. 29, and I had pre-ordered a copy on the JB website. It came in the mail yesterday.

It's a 2-DVD set and I've only had time to watch the first one so far, but in a word--AMAZING!! Not only is the performance quality outstanding, but the video and audio quality is as good as any concert recording I've ever seen. If you're a Smokin' Joe fan or a blues lover or just a purveyor of guitar virtuosity, this release is not to be missed!

+ 10

I was pleasantly surprised to see Anton Fig regular D.Letterman & Oz Noy drummer as second drum on Joe's RAH concert,
also to be noticed a cool brass section playin on some tunes ..

duhvoodooman
October 15th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Believe me--if you're a JB fan, you will LOVE this DVD. And if you're not, buy it and you'll BECOME a JB fan! :dude :rockon:

ZMAN
October 15th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Well the mailman walked up to me in my driveway with it in hand. I spent the next 2 hours watching it. Very good quality, great band and Joe is amazing. When you watch him his fingers never rest, they are always bending or vibrating, even while chording. That is how he gets such a soulfull sound out of his Les Pauls. Now I realize why I have 5 of them. After watching the two Strat lovefests (Clapton's Cross Roads) I love to hear those HBs. The Gibson Marshal combo just can't be beat IMHO. The Song "just got paid", starts out as a typical Billy Gibbons song and then morphs into Led Zeppelin. The Flying V sounds awesome.
Overall I give it a 10 and thanks to Duhvoodooman for the heads up!

Blaze
October 21st, 2009, 02:34 PM
Here s Joe s gear ...scroll down for video...

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/guitars/video-joe-bonamassa-on-his-live-rig-140318

marnold
October 21st, 2009, 04:05 PM
Heard him on Bob and Tom this morning. You can set your VCR/DVR for something like 2 A.M. Friday morning to record the T.V. version.