PDA

View Full Version : Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones

pes_laul
October 3rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
Picked this up yesterday.

It's a live acoustic show they did back in 06. It opened kinda with a boring songs but after that some of there stuff is really good. They had like a full band with violinist, pianists etc.

I really enjoyed the version of Times like these.

Definitely worth checking out :applause :happy :goodjob (had to use new smilies)

Tig
October 3rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
:applause Yep, that has some wonderful versions of several Foo songs. A few songs are just meh.

Dave Grohl has shown some incredible song writing, and the live performances of the Foo's are among the best in the business. Besides, Dave is one of the coolest, kindest guys in music.

The first Foo's album was 100% his... He wrote almost everything while in Nirvana and played every part. He hired the band for touring and payed each member their equal portion of the royalties of that album as if they were in the recording sessions and co-wrote each song! There are so many more great stories about Dave...

“I don't like to have people do stuff for me. I don't like to have runners go out and get me meals - it's just not normal.”

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2007/09/23-End/dave-grohl-farmers-market-violet.jpg

Radioboy950
October 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
I'm with you guys. I bought the DVD and the CD when they were released.
Also caught the acoustic show when the came through here a couple years ago. Opened for Bob Dylan. I really like the way the Foos always try new things...Grohl especially.

marnold
October 4th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Every time I think of Foo Fighters I think of the Robot Chicken episode where they and Mr. T go around town beating up "foos."

pes_laul
October 5th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Every time I think of Foo Fighters I think of the Robot Chicken episode where they and Mr. T go around town beating up "foos."
:rollover :rollover :rollover I remember that one!:applause