PDA

View Full Version : Music Industry to Shut Down Karaoke

t_ross33
August 30th, 2006, 01:21 PM
In a bid to drive up slagging profits in the wake of the Napster and Grokster MP3 scandals, industry insiders are now going after your local karaoke bar.

Karaoke was introduced to the Western world by the Japanese who would get up in front of a crowd and sing to pre-recorded backing tracks, much to the amusement of the crowd and their own embarassment. In recent years this fad has taken the world by storm and badly sung versions of popular songs are driving potential consumers away from traditional brick-and-mortar record stores.

"Vocalizing the copyrighted lyrics of popular songs it stealing from the pockets of starving songwriters and their starving, malnourished babies. Someone has to look out for them and we, the music publishers and record companies will not take this sitting down. We owe it to the future generations, not to mention the environment and cute, fuzzy panda bears, to litigate this to the fullest extent."

duhvoodooman
August 30th, 2006, 01:27 PM
:D :D :D

Actually, I think putting karaoke bars out of business might be a legitimate public service! So we don't have to worry about the music industry ever doing it!

SuperSwede
August 30th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I have never been in a karaoke bar! I dont plan to visit one either, but a cool idea would be to open a Guitaroke bar. Where you could step up on the stage and play guitar to a couple of famous tracks... or not :D

Tone2TheBone
August 30th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I have never been in a karaoke bar! I dont plan to visit one either, but a cool idea would be to open a Guitaroke bar. Where you could step up on the stage and play guitar to a couple of famous tracks... or not :D

Ja, until the industrymongers come and stop you from doing so. :)

SuperSwede
August 30th, 2006, 01:47 PM
bah! I would give them an all-mahogany slap with the schecter and continue playing :R

Tone2TheBone
August 30th, 2006, 01:52 PM
bah! I would give them an all-mahogany slap with the schecter and continue playing :R

LMAO. Thats the spirit!