PDA

View Full Version : Just got an iPhone

Robert
October 3rd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Wow, this thing is amazing!

It's a lot more than just a phone. I have been waiting a long time to get one, but it was worth the wait. :agree

Can you believe it, this is my 2nd ever cell phone! The previous SonyEricsson I had was my first cell phone. It has worked great for a long time, but it was starting to have problems getting connections sometimes.

I should be set for a while now.

warren0728
October 3rd, 2009, 10:21 PM
you will love your iphone....search for guitar toolkit in the app store....it is really cool!

SuperSwede
October 4th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Congrats Robert, seems like almost everyone on my job got one now! Except me of course ;)

Trailer Park Casanova
October 4th, 2009, 02:48 AM
They are cool.
Apple is streets ahead on touch screen tech.

Saw on the news this week it can have radar detection capability too.

sunvalleylaw
October 4th, 2009, 09:24 AM
You will love it! It is really a handheld computer tool with a phone in it in my mind. Get guitartoolkit, with a tuner, metronome etc.. It works well, and then you always have a metronome and tuner in your pocket. There are free or near free metronomes out there too that I like, like iClick. I don't know about a free tuner. The googlemap feature with GPS type function in it works great, and I use the facebook app a lot too. It goes without saying that I use the PIM features, calendar etc. fully, and it integrates with my law office calendar, PIM automatically. I am sure you will enjoy it!

MichaelE
October 4th, 2009, 09:31 AM
The Peterson strobe tuner for $10 is worth every penny.

I bought the adapter too for another $12 bucks for the electrics.

ted s
October 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Cool Robert, I just got a BBerry from work, I'm pretty amazed with it's capabilities as well.

Perfect Stranger
October 4th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I also am sure you'll love it. The only negative I've found with mine is the battery seems to drain quickly if I use my apps extensively. I guess that's to be expected, but if you can't use the apps much without draining you battery...then what good are they?

Trailer Park Casanova
October 4th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I also am sure you'll love it. The only negative I've found with mine is the battery seems to drain quickly if I use my apps extensively. I guess that's to be expected, but if you can't use the apps much without draining you battery...then what good are they?

And what seems like the common problem with all Apple products is the battery life is about 30 months.

And most their batteries are so pricey, you feel compelled to just buy a new Apple product instead.
That's another reason they only offer short term extended warranties.
The battery just barely outlives the guarantee.

markb
October 4th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Don't forget the ocarina.

kfrONZjakRY

http://ocarina.smule.com/

Kodiak3D
October 4th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I love my iPhone. I realize that by owning it I'm only aidng Steve Jobs in his quest to conquer the world, but I still love it.

Robert
October 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I love this thing. I had to get the Ocarina - it was just a dollar and it's a fun little thing! I am now officially a "flutist", so I can add that to my resume, besides "guitar player". :rollover

Steve Jobs for president. :cool: