PDA

View Full Version : More women than men working already

deeaa
October 3rd, 2009, 11:47 PM
Just read in the news that there are no 'housewifes' left over here, practically.

It's been a trend for decades already that women outnumber men in higher education schools, but now it's already so that there are actually more women in working life than men. I can also see that around me everywhere; for instance I have a mere M.A. degree but my wife's a PhD. Most of my male friends are either semi-employed musicians or working in some kind of industrial job, engineering or whatever. I also know a couple of 'house husbands' who've stayed home for years and years taking care of the family while the wife works.

I wouldn't mind doing that...and I will stay home for a year at least probably with the kids within the next few years. Hopefully.

It's sort of interesting, though...I noticed there are a zillion differences between women's attitudes AND attitudes towards women in the U.S. for instance, and here.

In the U.S. it's considered normal for instance that guys pay for stuff on dates, while here it's always 50/50. And guys also seem to be doing a lot of work and wooing to get dates in the first place, and date from an early age...here guys don't make much if any an effort to get women, the women might need to work to get the guys. You might initiate contact, but way more often the girl is who takes charge and come to men, or at least come back after initial contact completed earlier. Like you might ask a girl for a light and then talk a while, then leave, and if they like you they will later find you and take you home (I guess that's one reason foreigners like it here; women always practically throw themselves at especially interesting foreign types.)

It's also evident that people much more respect their mothers, and common slander and aggravation often is targeted at one's mother. Here it would more likely to be the father; 'Your dad was a...' and so on. I think people much more often have problems with their moms and don't necessarily much keep in contact when grown up, but dads are more tightly in the family. Like myself, once I left home after fighting my mom for a few years as adolescent, I didn't get much support from her at all for years, but dad always visited and helped me. Well later she sold me her house real cheap but anyway.

I guess it's also like, what would a grown man DO with their moms, there are no common interests, whereas with their dads they can hunt, repair cars and homes, fish etc...so no reason to stick around their moms so much.

Anyway, just got to thinking of these differences on Sunday morning here...you know, I have 3 friends who have foreign wifes...you hear it a lot that 'you don't want to marry a Finnish woman' just because they are so independent, very demanding and most often don't for instance want to marry etc. as often as men. They are more about career and stuff. I can relate to that, on my 3rd wife now...

In bars you often see girls treating men as sex objects...that's the downside. Women are allowed to sexually harass men in ways impossible for men.

For instance, it's very common women use men's bathrooms when a bar is crowded.

A man could not just walk up to a woman and feel their crotch and say stuff like 'maybe I should take YOU home with me' but that kind of stuff can happen when a girl does that. I've been a victim of that myself. They can move in packs and find some guy and quite openly evaluate the guy like he's not there, laugh and discuss if one of them should take the boy home that night, and usually the guy will just smile stupidly - well he knows he's getting laid anyway.

Or it can be another way round - like I met this horny chick in a bar and I made her pay for the rest of the night including smokes and taxis and all...got drunk proper on her expense, went to her place to party some, and then I vanished in the morning without waking her. I think that's exactly what she wanted. She was in charge even though she paid etc.

It's not like these are everyday occurrences, sometimes gals can also play hard to get of course, but the trend is clear. Women want to rule, and do.

Phew, I guess I wrote a long one here :-)

Trailer Park Casanova
October 4th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Good Takes.
Interesting thoughts.

My wife is Swiss.
She just walked up to me in a store one day and started talking.
No American woman would ever do that unless you're a celebrity.
Especially in the greater Los Angeles area.

If an American girl owns property and makes a good living,, a long term relationship is usually the last thing on her mind. Especially if she's divorced a few times.

Single chix that are renting an apartment are usually more interested in a guy that owns his own place.
They tend to also be underemployed, or usually always starting a new low paying job.

The more money the chick earns the more picky in guys they seem to be.
Except around Christmas.
They don't want to be alone over the holidays and they lower their standards quite a bit.