PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend?

street music
October 4th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I have survived the 47th Kentucky Apple Festival , and all the entertainment went well. Off course pulling off a 2 day music show of act after is not the easiest thing to do. As it turned out I had signed JUSTIN MOORE last year before his CD was ever released, he came into our festival with the #1 single
"SMALLTOWN USA" and the tighest band I know of on any tour. We had over 5000 people in our street for the free concert and it was just a great show.
I got to have Kodiak3D and wonder wife home with us this weekend which makes it special too.
I can tell you that in all my 19 years of either helping or managing this event, the young talent that is out there is amazing. I think Kodiak will confirm that we had some amazing guitar players on stage, and many other players too. The show that Justin Moore put on was amazing, and if you get achance I suggest you go see a high energy band that will blow you away.
The V-Picks that I received and handed out to all the musicians was the talk of the shows. I think Vinnie will be happy.

just strum
October 4th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hey, congrats Street. Do have any photos to post?

Sounds like a good time.

Spudman
October 4th, 2009, 06:56 PM
It's great when things go right. The event sounds like it was pretty fun. Sometimes those things can make you a nervous wreck. I'm glad you fared well.

So do we get any pictures?

luvmyshiner
October 4th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Very nice Street. And there's nothing that makes a great weekend better than having the boy around!

mrmudcat
October 4th, 2009, 08:24 PM
pics pics ..................:gossip

Brian Krashpad
October 5th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Yes pics!

Post 'em here, but put a link in the stickied weekend thread!

Kodiak3D
October 5th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Yes, the show was great! Justin Moore really put on a quality show (and both guitarists in the band are top-notch). Largest crowd for Apple Day EVER. I think the band had just as much fun as the crowd and Justin seemed to really enjoy the small town atmosphere. Even fighting strep throat, he really worked hard to give us a good show. Very classy performer.

Also of note, if any of you get the chance to see a band called Anderson Road, all I can say is GO! Their lead singer/guitarist Tony Mullins is a wizard on his Les Paul. Among other amazing things he did, he was using only his left hand to do hammer-ons while using his right on the tone and volume to make the guitar sound much like a violin. He's a huge guy who can really lay down some incredible sound.

street music
October 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
OK, I have the link for you to see all the pictures that I got! There are few that have this old guy in them- don't pay much attention to him.
http://picasaweb.google.com/apfest08
http://picasaweb.google.com/apfest08/2009MusicOnTheStreet#

If you have trouble just go www.kyapplefest.org
and hit the photos page.