PDA

View Full Version : 1 TB external hard drive for $89.99 and free shipping

Robert
October 7th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Just a heads up if you need a big external hard drive -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822186186&Tpk=iomega%20Select%201TB%20USB%202.0

Free shipping.

Description:

This 1 TB external hard drive offers the speed and reliability of USB 2.0 connectivity and uses an Energy Star-compliant power adapter to keep things green. Its sturdy case is both stylish and rugged, and takes up less of your valuable desk space

Spudman
October 7th, 2009, 07:25 AM
That's a killer price for that size but it's only a 5400. Not much good if you use it for recording. It might be a tad slow.

Robert
October 7th, 2009, 07:34 AM
But it would make a nice backup drive. I have dozens of gigabytes of photos...

Spudman
October 7th, 2009, 08:21 AM
But it would make a nice backup drive. I have dozens of gigabytes of photos...

Totally agree. Dozens of gigs of photos? Wow! That's a lot.

Robert
October 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Okay, I exaggerated a bit...

:offtopic

Spudman
October 7th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Okay, I exaggerated a bit...

:offtopic

Even if you exaggerated it's still a good deal on a hard drive that big. It is that big isn't it?:rolleyes:

Robert
October 7th, 2009, 10:41 AM
You bet, brother!

deeaa
October 7th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah I got a lot of photos too but under 20G so far anyway :-)

That IS a good price...but I've noticed that even though I have three external drives, the hassle to backup is too much. I use SyncToy which is great, and a 1T drive would be nice...BUT...

What I really want is one of them network backup drives, where I can just backup every machine automatically over the LAN. That would free me from the hassle and be smooth...but those are pretty expensive.

Currently I try to backup my photos etc. from main PC to ext.drives and I also keep them on several internal drives, plus I have this service that backs up my laptop documents etc. onto an Internet service...50 gigs of room there, so it's enough for my work files etc.