PDA

View Full Version : Moving Major Triads - Mixolydian Fun Video Lesson

Robert
August 31st, 2006, 03:15 AM
Moving Major Triads - Mixolydian Fun (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons/lesson-32.php)

Take a break away from that pentatonic sound and try this! :)
I added a fairly long description under the video clip on my page, be sure to read it.

I find this way of playing - using triads and/or arpeggios - very useful when improvising and actually do this a lot in my playing.

Let me know your feedback.

Robert
August 31st, 2006, 12:26 PM
Anyone looked at this one yet? :)

Katastrophe
August 31st, 2006, 12:38 PM
Now THAT'S what I'm missing in my playing! I can't go over the whole lesson right now, but it does look really cool. Thanks, and I'll comment more on this later!

jpfeifer
September 3rd, 2006, 10:19 AM
That's awesome! I am very interested in the whole triad approach to improvising. I love this lick that you came up with.

One of the hardest parts of using these triad approaches to improvising is figuring out ways of weaving the triads together so that they flow smoothly. This lick that you have worked up is very nice.

I've been working on some of these kinds of triad-based licks over certain kinds of chords. It would be fun to trade different triad ideas to see what you have used and how they worked out.

I'll start another thread to trade ideas with anyone interested in this approach.

Thanks, -- Jim