PDA

View Full Version : Reverb Pedals

Neal
October 7th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I'm looking to buy a reverb pedal. I would appreciate your pros, cons, and reccomendations:thankyou

bigG
October 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Neal, I needed a reverb pedal to use w my Swart amp, and I tried just abt all of them. I found the Digitech Hardwire RV-7 to be the best of the lot, by a long shot. Has licensed Lexicon 'verb onboard. That would be my recommendation. Not cheap, but THE best!

Neal
October 7th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks BigG. I was looking at that one too. I've always played through a twin, and never needed one. But I recently picked up a Fender Bassman, and that generated the need.:thankyou

oldguy
October 7th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I have the Digitech Hardwire myself, and like it. I tried a few others, not a bunch, but the Digitech fills the bill for me.:AOK

tunghaichuan
October 7th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I don't have any experience with the Hardwire pedal, but I do have a Boss RV-5 pedal. It works great for what I use it for.

You might want to A/B the two, if only to rule out the Boss pedal.

deeaa
October 7th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I'm looking to buy a reverb pedal. I would appreciate your pros, cons, and reccomendations:thankyou

I've had two recently, Digitech Digiverb and Tech-21 RVB Boost Verb.

The Digitech was ridiculous in that the 'mix' button was more like an on/off switch, you could NOT get a slight reverb out of it, it was very big the moment it was on...and the verbs were kinda digital to me too.

The Tech-21 was way better, also on that one it was hard to get a slight reverb, but not nearly as hard as on Digitech...the verb itself was also much more pleasant; not really like a normal verb but it was excellent for leads especially, you could get an almost like delay effect too with feedback control.

BUT I sold em both...I figure, if I want a nice overall reverb, I need to put it in the amp loop, which mine doesn't have, and use a bigger rack unit, or get a real spring verb built in or in the loop, which is too expensive.

But at least as a lead FX the techie was good, and the clean boost was very powerful too if need be.

tot_Ou_tard
October 8th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I'm not an expert, but my Reverb from Hermida Audio sounds great.

It costs $100 and comes with a power supply.

Monkus
October 13th, 2009, 06:21 AM
I use the Danelectro Corned Beef. Does the job I need.
decent demo here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCwKf4wsZ8&feature=related

YMMV

hubberjub
October 13th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I'm not an expert, but my Reverb from Hermida Audio sounds great.

It costs $100 and comes with a power supply.

+1 for the Hermida. Great pedal.

ZMAN
October 13th, 2009, 06:02 PM
IF I were you I would grab a Boss DD20 Giga delay. You can get any type of reverb you need plus a gazzillion other delay type effects. JUst around 200 and a really solid piece. I think Robert has one as well.

hubberjub
October 13th, 2009, 07:25 PM
IF I were you I would grab a Boss DD20 Giga delay. You can get any type of reverb you need plus a gazzillion other delay type effects. JUst around 200 and a really solid piece. I think Robert has one as well.

I own and have been using the DD20 for the last couple of years. While it is a decent and versatile delay there is not a reverb to be found on it.

vroomery
October 13th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I used an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb for a few years and recently dropped it just b/c of the spring reverb unit in my fender deluxe, but the holy grail sounds absolutely gorgeous. Wouldn't use anything else.

otaypanky
October 16th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I have a Holy Grail not being used since I sold my 5E3. $50 if you want it