PDA

View Full Version : I am running another marathon this weekend - take your bets

Robert
October 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Victoria Marathon (http://www.royalvictoriamarathon.com/), to be exact.

I ran 2:43:30 in Regina 4 weeks ago. What say ye, what shall my finish time be on Sunday? Place yer bets, please! :applause

My wife is running it too, our 16 year-old is doing the 8K, and our 6 year-old is running the 1.2K. A running family we are! :dude
Our 18 year-old is joining us (she goes to University in Vancouver) us as well, doing that 1.2K with our little one.

Looking forward to a demanding weekend!

My marathon season isn't quite over after this though. Las Vegas marathon has been mentioned more than once this year, and a good deal via Expedia popped up, and shazaam - we will run in Vegas too! That's in December, the 6th to be exact.

sunvalleylaw
October 7th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Victoria and BC, there is a slice of Canada I know! Good luck, you should have fun! I am going with 2:41. You are going to be at sea level and can maybe pick up a couple minutes with your extra blood cells from training up higher inland.

Eric
October 7th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I ran 2:43:30 in Regina 4 weeks ago. What say ye, what shall my finish time be on Sunday? Place yer bets, please! :applause

Is it Price-Is-Right style bidding, where it's the closest without going over? If so, put me down for five cents on 1 minute (0:01:00).

Spudman
October 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM
2:46 for me. I hope it's faster. Though I don't know how we'll live with ya if it is.:p

I can't even imagine running that hard for that long. I'd barf up a lung.

Kazz
October 8th, 2009, 04:30 AM
2:42:45

bigG
October 8th, 2009, 06:54 AM
2:42:28 says I. And, as always, may the wind be at your back, and best of luck! :AOK

sumitomo
October 8th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I'm right behind ya with the cattle prod at 2:33:00 flat,Get a move on (ZAP!)Sumi:D

Blaze
October 8th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I predict that you ll visit some music stores out there ..:D

Let see , 2:37 could be cool..

I have lived 3 years on Vancouver Island ,Victoria looks a little like Quebec city.

Algonquin
October 8th, 2009, 09:41 AM
No prediction here, just saying good luck and have fun.
Cheers :beer:

marnold
October 8th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Depends. How many rods to the hogshead do you get?

I'm going to guess 9643 seconds.

Spudman
October 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM
From Robert:

2:48 was all I had in my legs today. I think 4 weeks since my last
marathon was too close. I am not training enough to be handle two
marathon one month apart. Las Vegas next on december 6th!

Eric
October 12th, 2009, 08:52 AM
2:48 was all I had in my legs today. I think 4 weeks since my last
marathon was too close. I am not training enough to be handle two
marathon one month apart. Las Vegas next on december 6th!

That's still an hour and 10 minutes better than I've ever done. It's different for everyone, huh?

Nice work on finishing.

sunvalleylaw
October 12th, 2009, 11:35 AM
And 32 min better than I have ever done. And I only did a full marathon once. I decided after that, that half marathons were far enough for me, and I haven't done one of those in a while either. It is a major accomplishment for Robert to keep himself this competitive and pretty much injury free given the demands of such a running schedule. Inspiring!

I bet Victoria was a beautiful course, and with the Olympics coming to BC soon, the build up and vibe in the city must have been great! :applause :happy :agree

Robert
October 12th, 2009, 07:42 PM
It was a beautiful day, the weather was fantastic and the course is really inspiring. Too bad my legs weren't "on" this time. Not sure why. I thought I was in great shape and ready, but I noticed the first 10 k was not that easy and I had to work harder than expected to keep my goal pace. After 30 k, I just fell apart and had to suck it up... but I was still 4th in my age category and got a plaque for that.

Las Vegas Marathon next on December 6th!