PDA

View Full Version : Mojo Request (Peavey T-60/T-series content)

Brian Krashpad
October 9th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Hey cats and kittens. I know there are a few people around here who are fans of the various Peavey T-series guitars and basses, like the T-60 guitar and T-40 bass, etc.

Well, the inventor of the T-60 and T-40, Chip Todd, is still with us, and for some years has had a little guitar customizing shop in Texas. However, macular degeneration and other health problems are forcing him to close up his shop. He has recently been sending back all the guitars he had in for work, because he did not want to mess them up and could not find someone to do the work for him. He needed help from friends even to do that, and the letter he sent out to his customers apologizing was pretty sad.

I've never met Chip but he used to post regularly on a now-defunct T-60 forum, and the man is nice as pie. Always willing to help out with info, and on more than one occasion sending obscure free parts off to complete strangers to help them complete or repair a long out-of-production guitar or bass.

He'll be moving to Galveston to live with his daughter once he winds up closing his shop. Mojo and/or prayers for him in this difficult time would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks peeps.

luvmyshiner
October 9th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Mojo sent Brian. Where in Texas has he been living?

Brian Krashpad
October 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Mojo sent Brian. Where in Texas has he been living?

Thanks.

The address of his shop is in Cedarpark. I don't know Texas geography but I think it may be near Austin. For several years Chip would have T-60 enthusiasts down for a weekend and they would all jam in his shop (and generally iirc people described that as going to Austin, so they must be close). That's how he rolls. Real class guy.

luvmyshiner
October 9th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah, it's a suburb north of Austin.

Childbride
October 9th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Mojo sent...

Brian Krashpad
October 9th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Gracias CB.

Childbride
October 9th, 2009, 06:46 PM
de nada.

good peeps are good peeps, and they are in short supply, sometimes. the double good peeps, especially.

seconds.

mrmudcat
October 9th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Yes much mojo sent to the man:applause

bigG
October 9th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Mojo sent, and here's hoping for the best for Chip! :agree