PDA

View Full Version : It's kind of ironic

pes_laul
October 9th, 2009, 10:19 PM
(Shiner will get a kick out of this)

So we were at lunch today in school and I was out by the doors and this dude brings an acoustic guitar asking me to play something....So I start playing and this totally hot chick comes up and starts admiring my playing.

But after a while of watching me we started talking and she asked me........"Do you know any jonas brothers?" :thwap :thwap :thwap

mrmudcat
October 10th, 2009, 01:11 AM
:rollover

Spudman
October 10th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Better learn some then. It's cheap and legal and will work to get you what it is that young men desire so much. Just be safe...and welcome to rock and roll baby.:AOK :dude

mrmudcat
October 10th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Truly words of a wiseman:master

Monkus
October 10th, 2009, 03:41 AM
welcome to our world, remember to treat them with the respect they deserve.

Kazz
October 10th, 2009, 05:45 AM
be careful....if she likes the Jonas' she must be 12.....that means she is not legal.....run the other way

street music
October 10th, 2009, 06:15 AM
It's just a fad, I can't see all the hype myself. Seems similar to the Miley Cyrus fad, the girl sounds bad.

Kodiak3D
October 10th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Educate her. Play her some REAL music.

piebaldpython
October 10th, 2009, 07:50 AM
(Shiner will get a kick out of this)

So we were at lunch today in school and I was out by the doors and this dude brings an acoustic guitar asking me to play something....So I start playing and this totally hot chick comes up and starts admiring my playing.

But after a while of watching me we started talking and she asked me........"Do you know any jonas brothers?" :thwap :thwap :thwap

Well Pes........it's a small price to pay to get some face time with a hot chick. That is in some degree why we guys even pick up a guitar in our teens in the first place, right? I mean, how else are we to compete with the HIMBO's?

You know the guys I mean........the guys who are so freakin' good lookin' that women just drool over them based solely on their looks...the guys whose SOLE talent/attribute is being good lookin'......it doesn't matter if the guy can formulate a coherent thought in his head, he's eye candy and he's desirable/lustable to babes.

I work in an office of mostly women and over the course of MANY conversations know the above to be true.....from 13 to 73, it's true for these women. Which isn't very different from how we men act when we see a smokin' hot babe.

luvmyshiner
October 10th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Oh the humanity!:thwap

But I gotta agree with the guys on this one Pes. When I think of all the humiliating things I did to impress the ladies when I was younger, playing a little Jonas bros seems mild by comparison. At least if you play a song or two, you won't have to buy them a house and give them half of your retirement like I always seemed to end up doing.:cry:

pes_laul
October 10th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Hmm I started guitar back when I thought girls had cooties (Which I think its just a young version of crabs :eek:)

But I don't think I will learn any jonas soon, I learned that if I just strum and open E then B, Then, D, Then A and sing with it and throw in a few girly falsettos and they eat it up:AOK

tjcurtin1
October 10th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Hmm I started guitar back when I thought girls had cooties (Which I think its just a young version of crabs :eek:)

:AOK

Now THAT"S starting young......! No wonder you're so good now, Kris :AOK

mrmudcat
October 10th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Yep young pes making us old farts look bad:goodjob :happy

kiteman
October 11th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Us old farts? Bah! :notme

mrmudcat
October 11th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Ok some of us old farts.......:cool:

:offtopic I am feeling all my years today as I prepare for church this morning...brother Kite... the boys went roller skating till 11 pm last night ,then wanted midnight omlettes:thwap

I went with to keep em outta trouble, tried to blend while stealing one of the 2 tv's they had at the rink to watch da gators game:AOK

They tried getting me to skate and in trouble with mamma......but I have an appt. this thurday.............:nope

kiteman
October 11th, 2009, 07:24 AM
It's ok mud, I'm an old fart, just didn't like to be reminded. :)

pes_laul
October 11th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Ok some of us old farts.......:cool:

:offtopic I am feeling all my years today as I prepare for church this morning...brother Kite... the boys went roller skating till 11 pm last night ,then wanted midnight omlettes:thwap

I went with to keep em outta trouble, tried to blend while stealing one of the 2 tv's they had at the rink to watch da gators game:AOK

They tried getting me to skate and in trouble with mamma......but I have an appt. this thurday.............:nope
Ah yes, good Ol' midnight omelettes:happy

mrmudcat
October 11th, 2009, 12:10 PM
:reallymad: :spank: ............you dang whipper snappers....................................... :bootyshake

sunvalleylaw
October 11th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I like to think it is not the age so much that changes my enjoyment of being up late eating breakfast food (I do enjoy it, and do possess a hearty second wind late at night), but it is the having kids that get up at 0-dark-thirty regardless of what I did the night before that curtails such behaviors. Much easier if I can sleep in at least a bit. Nowadays, if I sleep past seven without getting woken up by kids, that is a huge gift!

(denial with extra rationalizing. It is a useful tool.) :AOK

Kris, maybe you could learn a Jonas Bros song but completely re-work it into some sort of punk or grunge arrangement, so you could answer her request. :cool:

mrmudcat
October 11th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Well I am a night owl and always have been ,but I dont sleep much at all.............I catch power naps....when I can.......I can be up 2,3 or more............days.........but I gots to do what I gots to do.............:cool: