PDA

View Full Version : R_of_G.......phew,that fins game wore her out.............

mrmudcat
October 12th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Cant believe im on the Henne bandwagon after he beat florida in 08 with mich. in the cap 1 bowl:thwap :happy

Sable is beat listening to me cuzz clap jump scream ............I know mamma will whip my arse in the morning:crazyguy (I like it :offtopic :goodjob )

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/459/imgp0253a.jpghttp://img387.imageshack.us/img387/5834/imgp0254e.jpg

I thought the jets coach threw his team to the wolves after game preshow:agree

What say you R_of_G........I know his dad was a good coach ,first time ive seen him.......... refs almost threw the game away again with bad calls ...miami...pass interference=b.s...............jets no touchdown made them punch it in=b.s. ..........that was an awesome catch for the score......IMHO:AOK

piebaldpython
October 13th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I thought the jets coach threw his team to the wolves after game preshow:agree

I didn't see Ryan's comments after the game. Still, if what Mud reported is SO.....then the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Glad to see the FINS win the game. Sanchez looks good. Fins exploited the Jets D during the 3rd quarter, which is the only part that I saw.

R_of_G
October 13th, 2009, 06:45 AM
i thought coach ryan's comments were refreshing and entirely accurate

i only heard them once last night and haven't re-read them this morning, so maybe i am not remembering correctly but i recall him essentially saying that the offense played spectacularly, and they did (though i'd like to return to that momentarily), but that the defense played poorly, and they did.

however, i recall ryan saying that the defense played poorly and he takes full responsibility for it. i think for a coach to come out and say "my team was terrible on defense and it's my fault" is extremely refreshing. i happen to agree with him. i saw poor execution all over the place, but i also saw a team that did not make adjustments at halftime to fix the things that weren't working. that falls entirely on the coaching staff.

mud, i agree with you entirely about the bad officiating. on the pass interference call, i don't think the miami defender even touched edwards, let alone interfered with him. it may have helped my team, but it was a ridiculous call and those kinds of calls can easily go against my team so it angers me. the other call too on the replay. i have watched that replay over and over. it's a touchdown. had the jets not been able to pound it in for a score after that, it'd would really have been a terrible call.

on the plus side, it looks like braylon edwards will be a great fit for mark sanchez to throw it to.

which brings me back to the offense.

as well as they played, brian schottenheimer (the offensive coordinator) is the worst play caller around. four years into his job and he draws up the same running plays week in and week out. they don't work. if they could have gotten the run going, they could have kept miami off the field.

mrmudcat
October 13th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Well maybe I was a lil harsh about ryan he did accept responsibility but then again,maybe not when he said he was embarassed.Why was he embarassed??? I thought it was one of the most exciting big boy games ive seen this year!!!! I agree on the d not adjusting in the second half but the wildcat offense and several snaps to other backs (q.b. r.b.) in the 4th was putting me in a tizzy so I can imagine the jets were flabbergasted:poke

Now if he had our c.b.'s and some non tacklers on d like the fish I would understand his frustration:thwap

piebaldpython
October 13th, 2009, 07:42 AM
R and G......glad to hear that Ryan Jr. accepts responsibility for things the coaching stuff should have done. That's a refreshing change from his Dad who sometimes made it sound like stuff was everyone else's fault but his.

Bad calls abound and it's a cryin' shame, no matter what team it happens too.

BTW, anyone see the MAJOR CHEAP SHOT that the Raven's Ray Lewis leveled on the Bengal's Chad Ochocinco??? Wonder how much of a fine he'll draw for that??

R_of_G
October 13th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Well maybe I was a lil harsh about ryan he did accept responsibility but then again,maybe not when he said he was embarassed.Why was he embarassed??? I thought it was one of the most exciting big boy games ive seen this year!!!! I agree on the d not adjusting in the second half but the wildcat offense and several snaps to other backs (q.b. r.b.) in the 4th was putting me in a tizzy so I can imagine the jets were flabbergasted:poke

Now if he had our c.b.'s and some non tacklers on d like the fish I would understand his frustration:thwap

i think it was embarrassing because so many of the problems to me looked not like poor coaches planning, but poor execution. i saw a lot of plays in the first half where the jet defender was exactly where he needed to be to make the tackle, he just missed the tackle. that is not acceptable in pro football. if you are there, you make the stop.

more than once i saw jets trying to arm tackle ronnie brown.

are you kidding me?

why would anyone think you can arm tackle a back the size of ronnie brown.

you'd have better luck stopping a city bus with your hands

and that was the thing, the wildcat was working because the jets were missing tackles. that opening drive could have been stopped at least twice but the jets were lackadaisical about tackling.

personally, i think it's embarrassing that this defense could keep the saints to a single touchdown, but gave up 31 to miami. that shouldn't be.

BTW, anyone see the MAJOR CHEAP SHOT that the Raven's Ray Lewis leveled on the Bengal's Chad Ochocinco??? Wonder how much of a fine he'll draw for that??

i did and agree it was cheap and uncalled for.

interestingly, not sure if you heard, but apparently after the game, ochocinco went on twitter and posted that the commissioner should not fine lewis for the hit. it's a nice gesture on chad's part, but that hit should definitely get a fine attached to it. it was brutal and totally out of line.